Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (GSEM) serves more than 41,000 girls ages 5-17 and engages 18,000 adult volunteers in 178 communities across eastern Massachusetts with the mission to build girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. The Girl Scouts provide girls with the opportunity to DISCOVER their world, CONNECT with and build an understanding for others and TAKE ACTION to make the world a better place. It is also a great place to work! We offer exceptional leadership, great colleagues and a mission you can believe in!
We are recruiting for Membership Initiative Team (MIT) Series Facilitators. We have openings for up to 8 MIT Series Facilitators. This position is a temporary, part-time position, up to 19 hours per week.
Target areas will include: Andover, Billerica, Bradford, Dartmouth, Franklin, Gloucester, Marion, Marlboro, Mattapoisett, Middleboro, Milton, North Andover, Peabody, Randolph, Rochester, Salem, Weymouth.
MIT Series Facilitators will be responsible for the implementation of a series opportunity, supervision of the girls who participate, and coordination of logistics. In addition, the MIT Series Facilitator will recruit, train and support volunteers with implementation of series offerings that provide high-quality activities for girls and are aligned to the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to be flexible and to work with a flexible schedule, including evenings and
- weekends as needed.
- Experience with Girl Scouting and/or working with groups of girls is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a cooperative team.
- Have a valid driver’s license, with access to personal transportation.
- Ability to work effectively with groups of girls, community groups, volunteers, and staff.
- Ability to work after-school, evening, and weekend hours during the school year and
- daytime hours during school vacation weeks and summer (June thru August).
- Bi-lingual fluency is a plus.
For a full job description, please visit our website at: http://www.girlscoutseasternmass.org/jobs/index.html
To be considered for the position, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity.