COME JOIN OUR PACE TEAM!
We are looking for candidates with a passion for working with children in an early learning environment with the following qualifications and skills:
• AA/BA in Social Services or related field,
• Experience working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds,
• Sensitivity to the needs of families with low-income and knowledge of community resources essential,
• Excellent communication, verbal and writing skills, computer skills (Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel),
• Driver’s License and access to a vehicle for transportation to home/agency visits,
• Bi-lingual in Spanish,
• Must be able to pass CORI & DCF background checks and meet state/federal mandates pertaining to credentials and professional development.
The Family Advocate is responsible for recruiting and enrolling eligible children for Head Start services. He/she follows federal guidelines and procedures for enrollment; completes forms, verifies eligibility, and enters family data in the computer. Home visits and family survey forms are completed to engage families in partnerships to improve and support the quality of family life while also encouraging parents to be involved in their child’s education and school readiness.
The Advocate participates in case management meetings to ensure that quality services are delivered to each child and family. He/she maintains a record of referrals, supportive services and outcomes. The Advocate facilitates positive relationships between the Head Start Program, children, families, and community agencies and services.
Head Start provides family-centered pre-school programming for over 250 income-eligible families with children from age 3 to age 5 living in the Greater New Bedford area.
To learn more about the program visit us at: www.paceinfo.org and click on the “Programs” tab.
SALARY: $22.06 – $24.56/hour, 35 – 40 hours. per week, 44 – 52 weeks per year, depending on funding and caseload assignments.
Excellent benefits include: paid vacation time, personal time, sick time and holidays; low-cost health insurance; dental, vision plans, and no-cost life insurance.
P.A.C.E. is an AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
E-mail a cover letter, resume, and the name of the position you are applying for to email@example.com no later than: