Work for the home care professionals that are routinely voted on as one of the best employers in the state!
Position Education/License Requirements:
- Currently licensed as a physical therapist pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 112.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience
- Computer experience/exposure
- Requires ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills
1. Supports the philosophy of the organization.
2. Adheres to personnel policies.
3. Performs a comprehensive physical therapy assessment including evaluation of patient’s level of function.
4. Develops a treatment plan including goals & actions appropriate to physical therapy deficits.
5. Provides services in accordance with the plan of treatment.
Refers patients to physical therapy assistant as appropriated and supervises physical therapy assistant according to agency policy and APTA guidelines.
6. Develops and revises the plan of treatment according to patient’s function, medical status, etc.
7. Instructs and advises patient, family and significant others in physical therapy home program.
8. Prepares clinical and progress notes utilizing HealthWyse.
9. Establishes good communication and flexibility with working peers and administrative staff while collaborating with other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
10. When appropriate, communicates directly to the physician and makes appropriate referrals to other team members.