Two drivers were arrested for OUI on Tuesday night. One is being charged with OUI-drugs while driving with a suspended license with illegally attached plates on an unregistered/uninsured vehicle.
At 10:31 pm on Tuesday, 32-year old Derek Correia of New Bedford was arrested and charged with OUI-liquor on the 10-block area of North Street.
At around 11 pm, a New Bedford police officer conducted a registration check on a motor vehicle. The status came back as stolen plates and the driver was pulled over on the 800-block area of Rockdale Ave.
After interacting with the driver, the officer determined the driver was under the influence of prescription drugs. The driver was transported to the hospital for a medical evaluation and the following charges are forthcoming:
– Negligent operation of a motor vehicle
– Illegally attached plates
– Forged/misuse of an RMV document
– Operating a motor vehicle with a suspended/revoked license
– Uninsured motor vehicle
– Unregistered motor vehicle
– Receiving stolen property