The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of February 22, 2021 – February 26, 2021 and they are as follows:
• Union St from N. Orchard St and County St
• Union St from Seventh to So. Sixth St
• Lucas St and Brock Ave Intersection
• Lucas St and W. Rodney French Blvd
• Oaklawn St beginning at Brock Ave and working towards 61 Oaklawn St
• Chestnut St beginning at Smith St and working towards Willis St
• Phillips Ave beginning at 278 Phillips Ave and working towards Ashley Blvd
• Cove Rd and Crapo St intersection working towards 1195 Cove Rd
• Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes city-wide on a continuous basis.
• The contractor (Baystate WinSupply) is scheduled to continue large water meter replacements at various locations throughout the city. There are no anticipated traffic controls for this work.
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water clears.
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation the Department of Public Infrastructure will be closed to the public entry. Office staff is available to assist by email and telephone.