The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of January 23, 2023 – January 27, 2023, and they are as follows:
Eversource will be working on gas main relays and services on:
• Jack and Bore under 140 off of Phillips Rd
• Cherokee St. from Acushnet Ave. to Tobey St
• Sassaquin Ave. from Acushnet Ave. to Tobey St
• Acushnet Ave from Peckham Rd to Tobey St
• West Rodney French Blvd from Welcome St to Warren Ave (North of Flood Gates)
• West Rodney French Blvd from Woodlawn St to Lucas St (South of Flood Gates)
• Contractor (various utility companies) will be working at MassDOT’s Kings Highway project transferring wires to new utility pole sets. Minor traffic impacts and lane shifts required. Additional pavement marking painting, weather permitting.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the city. (Church St at Carlisle St and Wamsutta St at Acushnet Ave.) If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us
• Contractor (C Naughton Corp) is scheduled to continue installing the new 16-in water main at the railroad crossing on Samuel Barnett Blvd between John Vertente Blvd and Duchaine Blvd. There will be a lane reduction with one-way alternating traffic at times during work hours. Construction signage will be posted, and officers will be on site to assist with traffic management as necessary.