“The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of December 12, 2022 – December 16, 2022, and they are as follows:
Eversource will be working on gas main relays and services on:
• Phillips Rd from Holly Tree Lane to Route 140
• Contractor (KR Rezendes, Inc.) will be working at MassDOT’s Hathaway Triangle project located at the newly signalized intersection of Hathaway Rd x Nauset St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be on Clifford Street from Acushnet Ave to Ashley Blvd raising structures in the roadway and stabilizing the site to wrap up for the winter season. Sidewalk reconstruction and top paving course to take place in the Spring 2023.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on West Street in the vicinity of St. Luke’s Hospital raising structures in the roadway and stabilizing the site for the winter season. Final top course paving to be done in the Spring 2023.
• Contractor (PA Landers & various utility companies) will be working at the MassDOT project, Kings Highway.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on various streets, citywide, completing minor repairs and installations.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on street furniture installations on Union St from Sixth St to County St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on hydrants at the following intersections of W. Rodney French Blvd: Welcome St, Grit St, Warren St, George St and David St. Water supply interruptions may occur. Those services impacted by the water main shutdown will be notified 24 hours in advance.
• Contractor (JH Lynch) tentatively scheduled to be work at the MassDOT project for intersection improvements at Rockdale Ave x Allen St. Work will include roadway repaving to stabilize the site for the winter season. Detour routes will be in place; signage and police detail will be on site.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the city. (Church St at Carlisle St and Wamsutta St at Acushnet Ave.) If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us
• Contractor (C. Naughton Corp) to mobilize to the Braley Station/Chipaway Rd site and excavate a series of test pits to locate existing water main and sleeves. This work is in a cross-county area and will not affect traffic.
• Contractor (C. Naughton Corp) will begin installing the new 16-inch water main at the railroad crossing between John Vertente Blvd and Duchaine Blvd. There will be lane reductions and one-way alternating traffic at times during working hours. There will construction signage posted and police officers on site to assist with traffic management.”