The Greater New Bedford unemployment rate is much higher than the rest of Massachusetts, but believe it or not there really are a lot of jobs available for qualified applicants. Sometimes the barrier to a new job can be the lack of information on available job openings. To solve this, each week New Bedford Guide will be working with the New Directions Southcoast (also known as the Greater New Bedford Career Center) and pulling jobs from our jobs database to inform job seekers about the hottest jobs in the area. We will define “Hot Jobs” as those jobs that need to be filled by the employer immediately. For those looking to search some large job databases, checkout my Best Job Search Resources for New Bedford Residents article. Unless noted otherwise, those interested in these positions or want more information should go to the Greater New Bedford Career Center at 618 Acushnet Avenue. Be sure to also check out our Job Portal to find jobs by location on a map: https://www.newbedfordguide.com/map-page#pm_jobs_tab. Want to get e-mail notifications for new jobs? Checkout our e-mail subscription service.
If there is not a link to applying for one of the jobs listed, contact Sharon Martin, Business Services Representative at 508-990-4115 or feel free to stop by the Greater New Bedford Career Center. These positions are posted on mass.gov/jobquest.
Here are the Hot Jobs from the Greater New Bedford Career Center as of September, 5th, 2013:
1. Tire Technician #2961805 – Family run and growing business, Dartmouth Tire on Dartmouth Street, New Bedford is looking for an experienced tire technician. Must be willing to work Monday through Saturday, hard-working and dependable. Experience is a MUST. Please apply in person.
2. Production Worker/Machine Operator #2942441 – Flaherty Drive Facility – AFC Cable Systems, Inc. an Atkore International Company, is a rapidly growing manufacturer of wire, cable and electrical products. We currently have openings for the following position:
- PRODUCTION WORKER/MACHINE OPERATOR SECOND (2ND) /THIRD (3RD) SHIFT
- Previous machine operator experience is preferred, but will train. Perform a variety of tasks and operate equipment to produce armored cable. Ability to follow instructions, ability to lift 40 Ibs repeatedly if required. Standing and walking between machines for 8 hours. Able to work overtime as required.
3. Janitor #2942443 – Janitor – 1st Shift. Must be able to follow instruction. Must be able to do all janitorial duties.
4. Office Help #2949657 – Must have car and valid driver’s license, familiar with office procedures, MUST BE RELIABLE. High School Diploma or GED, 3 months of experience.
5. Commercial Roofer #2949622 – Currently looking for commercial roofers for a project in Taunton, MA. This project will include labor work such as removing the old roof and installing the new one (rubber roof). OSHA 10 card preferred as well as experience with this type of work. Please respond to this posting for immediate consideration. Commercial Roofing/OSHA 10.
6. Custodian/Handyman #2955720 – Experienced only. Custodian/handyman to clean the facility. Mop floors, clean restrooms empty trash. May also paint, move working stations and other odd jobs. Must have reliable transportation.
7. NIBRS Administrator #2961699 – Supports operations of the Police Department by performing a variety of tasks for the department and the police records management function. Reads and interprets crime reports from various sources. Provides assistance to officers, detectives, and other staff and administration.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university preferably in computer science or related field. Working knowledge of general office practices and procedures; general office equipment; word processing; spreadsheet and database software; customer service techniques; the function of law enforcement. Two years of experience in law enforcement records; Teletype familiarity; understanding of the National incident Based Reporting System and guidelines.
8. Cook #2962206 – Small health care facility licensed by the Department of Public Health seeks mature responsible individual to cook as well as oversee the daily operation of this small established kitchen.
- Dartmouth Manor has 25 residents
- Must be Serve Safe Certified
- Must be able to procure the daily functions of this small nicely equipped kitchen
- 40 hour per week
- Must have management skills as well as cooking skills
9. Territory Manager #2961798 – Account Executive Road Warrior
- Clean Uniforms and More! New Bedford, MA
- Looking for an enthusiastic Sales Representative/Account Executive for our Southeastern MA territory who is accustomed to selling in a highly competitive Business to Business market utilizing a consultative sales approach.
- Ideal Candidates must have: A minimum of 2 years of outside B2B consultative/contractual sales experience. Recent College graduates will be considered if they have a minimum of a Bachelors Degree with a concentration in Marketing, and who want to develop a career in an outside sales environment. A desire to be in the field. This is a Road Warrior position not a boring desk job, making hundreds of phone calls a day. 90% of the time will be on the road.
10. After School Program Site Monitor #2961697 – This position is seasonal. The program runs from Oct 7, 2013 and will end on May 23, 2014 or as funds allow.
Assist the Site Supervisor in maintaining and supervising various programs for children.
Serves as a mentor and academic support supervisor for a group of 10-15 children. Provides daily academic support to group of 10-15 elementary age children. Supervises daily activities such as physical fitness, arts and crafts, and more. Responsible for providing a safe place for kids to learn and have fun.
The City of New Bedford has a Residency Requirement – CORI Check and some related tests may be required.
Here are some jobs in the New Bedford area from the NewBedfordGuide.com jobs database:
1. Customer Service Representative – MarLees Seafood. Full details and application process here.
2. Assistant Store Manager – Family Dollar. Full details and application process here.
3. Regional Office Manager – CleanSlate Centers, LLC. Full details and application process here.
4. TOWN OF FAIRHAVEN Veterans’ Agent. Full details and application process here.
5. Toys R Us (Dartmouth) – Full details and application process here.
Be sure to also check out our Job Portal to find jobs by location on a map: https://www.newbedfordguide.com/map-page#pm_jobs_tab. Want to get e-mail notifications for new jobs? Checkout our e-mail subscription service.