The Part-time Cafeteria Worker will work with other staff members to ensure that every student receives the appropriate breakfast and lunch. The Cafeteria Worker will coordinate with the contracted food service provider surrounding the delivery and distribution of prepared meals.
- Receive all food items delivered to the school.
- Store food at the appropriate temperature (either within a warming oven or in a refrigerator).
- Distribute meals to students during each of two lunch periods in accordance with parent orders.
- Track the distribution of meals.
- Ensure that students with allergies receive meals that are safe for them to consume.
- Maintain an orderly system for distributing meals efficiently.
- Organize food items for afterschool snacks and for the next day’s breakfast.
- Contact the food service provider to address problems as they arise.
- Clean the cafeteria following breakfast and following each lunch session.
- Perform other related duties.
The individual will work from 9:45 AM until 1:45 PM on school days. The individual will follow the school calendar; the individual will not work during school vacations or on professional days.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to read and write in English.
- The ability to use a computer to enter data.
- Serve Safe Food Handler certification or the willingness to obtain such certification.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- At least one year work experience preferred.
We are also looking for the following:
- A Commitment to Service: A strong sense of mission toward providing all students with the opportunity to achieve an excellent education.
- A Commitment to Quality: A belief that all students can achieve at high levels given the proper support. Proven success in leading students to do high-quality work.
- A Commitment to Accountability: An outcomes-oriented approach toward teaching and a strong sense of personal responsibility for student performance.
- A Commitment to Persistence: A willingness to go above and beyond to ensure student success.
- A Commitment to Integrity: Self-awareness and the ability to respond to frequent, targeted feedback.
The Founding Part-time Food Service Associate will begin immediately.
$10 per hour.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Alma del Mar Charter School will be an equal opportunity employer and therefore will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or disability. Other job opening at the school: http://almadelmar.org/join-the-adm-team/teaching-at-alma/.