The International Portuguese Music Awards (IPMA) are proud to announce the 6th annual IPMA Awards Show to be held on Saturday, April 21, 2018 at the Zeiterion Performing Arts Center, in New Bedford, Massachusetts.
A Gala/ Red Carpet Event will be held the night before (April 20, 2018) at the Cultural Center located in Fall River, Massachusetts.The 2018 IPMA Show will feature the following performers:
– From the United States, David DeMelo: a well-known Luso-American singer with four albums to his credit and performances spanning Portuguese communities in several countries –
– From Angola, Adi Cudz: a Kizomba singer, songwriter, and producer who has shared the stage with singers such as Ludacris, Kelly Rowland, and Ciara.
– From Portugal, Tiago Ribeiro: a semi-finalist of Portugal’s 2011 edition of Got Talent.
– From the United States,Manhattan Camerata: a chamber ensemble started in 2009 and known for blending together world and classical music elements.
– From France, Lisandro Cuxi:a singer of Cape Verdean origin who in 2017 won Season 6 of France’sedition of The VoiceFrom Portugal,Miguel Angelo: a singer, songwriter, and television host who spent 25 years as lead singer of the legendary pop-rock band Delfins that in 90’s released one of the best selling Portuguese albums of all time.
– The recipients of the 2018 IPMA Lifetime Achievement Award, from Portugal, will be Xutose Pontapés, widely considered the country’s top rock band with a career spanning almost 40 years. Their songs have become some of the biggest anthems in Portuguese rock history.
The 2018 edition will be the sixth annual IPMA Show. It will be a star-studded event that gets bigger and better every year!The International Portuguese Music Awards (IPMA) recognize outstanding achievement in the music industry by international artists of Portuguese ancestry. At the 2018 ceremony, awards will be handed out in multiple categories, honoring works produced by artists of Portuguese ancestry. Songs are submitted from all over the world and sung in Portuguese as well as other languages. The presentation ceremony, with performances by the above mentioned prominent artists, will be televised via the web, on RTP International (RTPi), which has a total viewership of 20 million worldwide, as well as other media outlets.
In the past, we have had participation from artists/celebrities from the Portuguese-speaking world suchasactor Diogo Morgado(Son of God, The Bible), guitarist Nuno Bettencourt (Rihanna, Extreme), DanielaRuah (NCIS: Los Angeles) and singers Daniela Mercury, Olavo Bilac, Pedro Abrunhosa, Paulo Gonzo,Boss AC, Rita Redshoes, Lucenzo, Roberto Leal, Marco Paulo, and Jorge Ferreira.
Don’t miss out! Be a part of Portuguese music history! For more information about IPMA, please visit IPMAawards.com.“Like” the official IPMA Facebookpage for breaking news and exclusive content: facebook.com/InternationalPortugueseMusicAwardsOfficial. Website: http://ipmaawards.com. Instagram: @ipma_awardsTwitter: @ipma_awards