Here are the Hot Jobs in the New Bedford area from the NewBedfordGuide.com jobs database, as of May 13, 2018. Click the right arrow to browse the next job. Want your job listed here? Contact email@example.com.
Patient Registration – Greater New Bedford Community Health Center
Part time 24 hours per week.
Schedule: Mondays off,
Tuesday-Friday 3:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.,
Saturday 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
• Receive, greet, and direct patients upon arrival and provide assistance to patients monitoring their conditions within scope of own position’s responsibilities. Note patient’s condition and be aware of distress and notify clinical staff as appropriate.
• Registers patients upon arrival, ensuring that all demographic information is updated and accurate.
• Attends relevant in-services pertaining to Front Desk area. Utilizes Leaming Center education appropriately.
• Calls various insurance companies to verify insurance eligibility and effective date of coverage.
• Confirm patient appointments.
• Collects co-pay, gives patient receipt and sends collected monies to Finance department.
• Has knowledge of use/operation of all office equipment, i.e., telephone system, fax, computer system, copy machine, etc. • Refers all malfunctions to appropriate personnel.
• Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to manage and provide the care appropriate to the ages of patients served.
• Schedules patient visits courteously. Solves scheduling problems, issues and/or concerns utilizing the facility computer system as applicable.
• Pre registers and prints out the encounters and labels in preparation for the same day schedules
• Scans all the insurance REVS and insurance cards in the electronic medical records
• Takes all patients photographs for Electronic Medical Records
• High school diploma or GED, with one year of business school or equivalent.
• Experience in computer data entry required.
• Excellent typing, telephone and interview skills required.
• Experience as a medical secretary in a physician practice or community health center.
• Availability to work evening sessions and occasional weekends.
Interested in applying? See full details and how to apply here.