The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of July 1st, 2019 –July 5th, 2019 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
• Eversource will be replacing the gas main on the following locations:
• Holyoke St at Lowell St
• Pleasant St at Merrimac St
• Rockdale Ave and Grape St
• Ashley Blvd to Princeton to Irvington St
• Westview St from Nemasket St to Gifford Lane
• Contractor working on Ashley Blvd from Wood St to Eugenia St for Safe Routes to School Project.
• Contractor scheduled to work at RTE 18 and Cove St to Griffin Court. Police detail will direct traffic for lane closures and signage will be posted for sidewalk closures.
• Contractor working on Madison St. from County St. to Orchard St. weather permitting.
• Contractor to work at the railroad crossing on Tarklin Hill Road. Two-way street lane shift. Police detail and signage will be on site.
• Contractor installing drainage on Union St between Pleasant St to Purchase St.
• Contractor to be paving large roadway patches throughout the City.
• The Contractor is scheduled to replace lead water services along Holly St, Ryan St, Highland St, and Conduit St.
• The contract will continue water main replacement along Valentine St between Brock Ave and W. Rodney French Blvd.
• Traffic may be reduced to one lane at times. It may also be necessary in some areas to close streets and detour traffic. Police details will direct traffic and signage will be posted.
• The Contractor will continue scheduling appointments and will have technicians visiting various locations throughout the city to replace meters and meter interface units (meter readers). Monday – Saturday (07:00 to 16:00). There will be no traffic control for this work.
• The Contractor is scheduled to continue site work and utility installation at the Front St/ Elm St site and at the Merrimac St and Purchase St intersection. Elm St between JFK Memorial Highway (Route 18) and Macarthur Drive will be open to east bound traffic only. Westbound traffic will be detoured via Macarthur Drive. There will be detour signage and traffic controls in place.
• Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes on a continuous basis throughout the city.
• Department of Public Infrastructure will be line painting on a continuous basis throughout the city.
• Please see the City of New Bedford website for additional street closings due to Special Events.
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bath tub run for a few minutes until the water clears.