“The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of April 17, 2023 – April 21, 2023, and they are as follows:
City offices will be closed on Monday, April 17th in observation of Patriots Day.
Eversource will be working on gas main relays and services on:
• David St from West Rodney French Blvd to Brock Ave
• George St from West Rodney French Blvd to Brock Ave
• Jack and Bore under 140 off of Phillips Rd
• Pequot St from Acushnet Ave to end of Pequot St
• West Rodney French Blvd from Woodlawn St to Lucas St (South of Flood Gates)
• Social St from West Rodney French Blvd to End of Social St
• Harmony St from Social St to EOM
• Contractor (C. Naughton Corp.) will continue sewer main repair on Timberlane Rd from Briarwood Dr to Hill Rd.
• Contractors (PA Landers and various utility companies) will be working at MassDOT’s Kings Highway project. Minor traffic impacts and lane shifts required.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working at MassDOT project #609201, located at the intersection of Acushnet Ave & Peckham St/Sassaquin Ave.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will be closing Wamsutta Street starting 4/17 through 4/28 to install remaining utilities in the street. Detour will be in place for local traffic with residential access to remain open at all times.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the city. (Church St at Carlisle St and Wamsutta St at Acushnet Ave.) If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us.”