Mayor Jon Mitchell presented the annual “Mayor’s List Award” to the top ten academically ranked seniors in the New Bedford High School graduating Class of 2019.
This year marks the seventh annual Mayor’s List Awards in celebration of the outstanding academic achievements of the top ten graduating seniors at New Bedford High School. The ceremony was also an opportunity to learn more about the graduates’ career goals, their chosen fields of study, and where they plan to pursue their post-secondary education.
The 2019 Mayor’s List Award recipients in order of class rank (with their chosen colleges noted) are:
1. Rachel Pereira (Wellesley College)
2. Meiling Zhao (Georgia Tech)
3. Liang Xu (University of Massachusetts Amherst)
4. Anna Lin (Boston University)
5. Tyler Rose (Duke University)
6. Joshua Correia (University of Massachusetts Amherst)
7. Taryn Padilla (Western New England University)
8. Bridget Rose Carroll (University of Massachusetts Amherst)
9. TaShawn Arabian (Brown University)
10. Sofia Bibars (Providence College)