The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of May 29, 2023 – June 2, 2023, and they are as follows:
City offices are closed Monday , May 29,2023 for the Memorial Day Holiday.
Eversource will be working on gas main relays and services on:
• Main relay on Brownell Ave from Hawthorn St to Gaywood St.
• Main relay on Church St from Park Ave headed South to Wood St.
• Main relay/regulator on corner of Potter St and Rockdale Ave headed East towards Nashua St.
• Abandonment holes on David St @ West Rodney French and Brock Ave
• Abandonment holes on George St @ West Rodney French and Brock Ave.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will continue sidewalk work at the road reconstruction project on Clifford St from Acushnet Ave to Ashley Blvd.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working at the intersection of County St x Union St. Lane closures and detours to be in place.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will begin work at various locations along Sassaquin Pond for drainage swale rehabilitation.
• Contractors (PA Landers and various utility companies) will be working at MassDOT’s Kings Highway project. Minor traffic impacts and lane shifts required.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working at MassDOT project #609201, located at the intersection of Acushnet Ave & Peckham Rd/Sassaquin Ave.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the city. (Church St at Carlisle St and Wamsutta St at Acushnet Ave.) If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us.”