Mikele Bargasse photo.

73-year old New Bedford man loses everything in Cedar Street fire

image_pdfimage_print

“My dad’s house caught on fire Sunday July 23 on Cedar St. He lost everything. I normally don’t ask for help. So for me to even post THIS it’s serious.

My dad James Bargasse lost EVERYTHING IN A HOUSE FIRE. What he walked out the house with is all he has. My dad has lived in that house for over 40 years. So that being said, I’m asking for help for him, not me. He is 73 years old, and after retiring from Better Community Living he tendered the bar at the New Bedford Yacht Club.

He is a member of the Elks Lodge. JAMES also attends the YMCA daily. As a result of the fire nothing was savable. James is staying with his daughter and grandson until he finds another affordable apartment. My dad has lost EVERYTHING. No socks, no t-shirts, no sneakers, and lost everyday necessities. We’re trying to raise enough to help him out with the cost of buying the necessities he needs for summer/fall and even towards moving expenses.

He wears a XL in T-shirts and a XL in shorts and pants, 11/12 sneakers. If you feel generous you can Cash App: MikeleBargs and/or visit our GoFundMe. Anything will help.

We have applied to a few affordable housing places. All funds will be transferred into a savings account until my dad has a roof over his head. Bless you. THANK YOU❤️ “-Mikele Bargasse.

All photos by Mikele Bargasse:

About Michael Silvia

Served 20 years in the United States Air Force. Owner of New Bedford Guide.

Check Also

Massachusetts to turn into open oven with 3-day heat wave of extreme, dangerous heat, humidity

“DANGEROUS HEAT AND HUMIDITY: After a beautiful weekend, dangerous heat and humidity begins to overspread …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Translate »