The Southcoast Hot Jobs List – 7 January, 2013
The Greater New Bedford unemployment rate is much higher than the rest of Massachusetts, but believe it or not there really are a lot of jobs available for qualified applicants. Sometimes the barrier to a new job can be the lack of information on available job openings. To solve this, each week New Bedford Guide will be working with the New Directions Southcoast (also known as the Greater New Bedford Career Center) to inform job seekers about the hottest jobs in the area. We will define “Hot Jobs” as those jobs that need to be filled by the employer immediately. For those looking to search some large job databases, checkout my Best Job Search Resources for New Bedford Residents article. Unless noted otherwise, those interested in these positions or want more information should go to the Greater New Bedford Career Center at 618 Acushnet Avenue. Here are the Hot Jobs as of January, 3rd, 2012.
Sharon Martin is the Business Service Representative for the Greater New Bedford Career Center. Ms. Martin feels it is extremely important to make employers aware that we are here to assist them with their hiring needs. That is why we at the Greater New Bedford Career Center have taken a proactive approach of reaching out to employers by making the initial contact. If you are an employer looking for Business Services, please contact Ms. Martin at 508-990-4115 or via email at email@example.com.
1. Customer Service Representative #1673004 – Like a healthy lawn, Scotts Lawns Service is growing! And it’s the perfect time for energetic, team-oriented candidates to check us out. If you like working independently, with only general supervision, in a fast-paced team environment, Scotts is the perfect place for you.
We are looking for Customer Service Representatives (CSR) to join our growing team and help us become the leading name in professional lawn care. This position works closely with customers by phone to answer questions, resolving customer concerns and account receivables, retaining customers and verifying customer data. A Job Fair/Recruitment will be held on 1/24/13 from 11:00 -1:00 at the Greater New Bedford Career Center. Please bring a resume and dress for an interview.
2. Territory Sales Representative & Lawn Care Representative #1673029 – Scotts Lawn Service, a division of The Scotts Miracle-Grow Company and a fortune 750 company, the nation’s leader in the Lawn & Garden industry is currently seeking driven Territory Service Representatives (Lawn Technicians) to help grow its business in the local area. If you are interested in a great career opportunity we would like to discuss the opportunities with you. A Job Recruitment/Job Fair will be held at the Greater New Bedford Career Center on 1/24/13 from 11:00 – 1:00. Please bring an updated resume.
3. Membership Director #1673031 – Excellent opportunity for an energetic professional to join the staff team of the newest branch of YMCA Southcoast. This state of the art facility offers 6-lane indoor swimming pool, outdoor pool with water features, rockwall, indoor walking track, 2 aerobic studios, gymnasium and wellness center. Primary responsibilities will include supervising, training and evaluating welcome center desk staff, being a leader/trainer in Member Engagement techniques as well as overseeing the day to day administration of the membership department. The ideal candidate will be friendly, have excellent computer and communication skills with an emphasis on family member service.
4. Secretary/Clerical Assistant #1670220 – The primary role of the Secretary will be to assist DYS Casework Staff in managing the various clerical functions associated with the case management function and supporting the District Office. This includes processing and maintaining documentation of costs associated with client activities, assisting the site support specialist in scheduling and maintaining accurate invoices associated with activities and events. Job Functions are managing clerical workload at the District Office, Answering Creating documents using WORD, EXCEL, Power Point and other assigned tasks as needed by the DYS District Manager.
Education/Experience Required: Bachelor’s degree preferred and 2 years experience in human services.
5. Speech Language Pathologist #1674617 – SLP on consultative basis for adults with developmental disabilities; experience conducting assessments, writing goals, staff training; experience developing augmentative communication systems; experience with developmental disabilities. 6-12 hours per month, licensed and CCC or statement from ASLHA of certificate equivalency. Contract 1st & 2nd shifts.
6. Occupational Therapist #1674621 – OT on consultative basis for adults with developmental disabilities; experience conducting assessments, writing goals, staff training; experience with sensory integration; experience with developmental disabilities. 4-6 hours/month, AOTA, licensed in Mass.
7. Machine Mechanic #1674708 – Temp to Hire, First Shift, Second Shift, Split Shift. Mechanic to work at clam processor to keep the heavy machinery, conveyers and other capital equipment running – lots of motor work. Also light maintenance performed to keep building compliant, clean and efficient. Welding skills (mig or tig) a HUGE plus, experience rebuilding heavy motors and equipment or “creative” fixing. Some Spanish a plus.
8. Infant/Toddler Position #1661425 – The qualified candidate will work with a toddler/preschool group. Expectations include: excellent attendance, a nurturing attitude, knowledge of creative curriculum, knowledge of age-appropriate development, and must be energetic and motivated.
Special Skills Needed: Must be certified as an infant/toddler teacher through DEEC. 20 to 30 hrs per week.
9. Accounts Payable #1674739 – Sort and match invoices with purchase orders and packing slips, prepare and process accounts payable checks and wire transfers, daily check deposits, filing and assist in the yearly audit. High school diploma with equivalent 3-5 years work related experience. MS Word & Excel, AS400. Strong organizational and prioritizing, attention to detail and accuracy as well as confidentiality is a must. Also should have good communication skills and knowledge of general accounting procedures and computer applications