Whaling City Yard Sale Rules and Tips
Whaling City Yard Sale (https://www.facebook.com/groups/WhalingCityYardSale/) is a great place for people in the South Coast, Massachusetts area to buy and sell items. Here are some general rules for group members to follow. Failure to follow these rules may result in you being removed from the group:
- This is a “buyer beware” group. If you have a problem with an item contact the seller not us.
- No livestock or pets for sale or to be given away.
- Nothing illegal to own or sell may be listed in the group. That means knock-off clothing, illegal DVDs/games, etc.
- The group is for the selling of tangible items that you would see in a yard sale. That means no spamming services, fund raisers, etc. No posting of other groups, pages or websites. If you are a business selling second-hand items contact us at email@example.com so we can come up with a plan to get your items posted without being spammy.
- Haggling is acceptable. Posting a price, “Or Best Offer” and negotiating with other members is acceptable. Auctions are not allowed.
- If your item sells, please edit your item and put **SOLD** in the description.
- When posting items, post a photo or photos for the best results. Describe the item(s) as much as possible and the town/city it is located.
- Have multiple items? Post a photo gallery and add details to each photo. If you have 10 items for sale don’t make ten posts.
- No postings for services offered.
- Bumping is acceptable once a week.
- Facebook provides a report feature. If you see spam or inappropriate items use the report feature and we will get notified and take appropriate action.
- To gain more exposure outside of Facebook also post your items on New Bedford Guide’s Marketplace: http://www.newbedfordguide.com/classifieds/
- Do not keep posting your items every day. Post it once. Pushing items that no one wants over and over degrades the group.
- All rules are subject to change. Have a suggestion for a rule or a great tip? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Yard sales are allowed. Please do not post more than twice. It’s fine to announce the yard sale before hand and then bump or repost the day before or the day off the yard sale.