“Westport firefighters responded to a reported structure fire early Sunday morning off of Sodom Road.
A family member passing by the area saw smoke coming from a large wooden barn on the property and called 911. The individual used a garden hose to put out a bulk of the flames until firefighters arrived to overhaul the area and check for extension.
Quick actions by the family member likely saved the barn and the animals inside. A few animals suffered burn injuries, but they are expected to recover. Firefighters believe a heat lamp contributed to the cause of the fire.” -Westport Fire Department.