On Friday evening at approximately 5:30pm members of the Organized Crime Intelligence Bureau executed a search warrant at a storage unit in the Wamsutta Mills.
This was after an investigation by Detective Jonathan Lagoa into a heroin delivery service being operated out of 75 Wamsutta St. storage unit #20. As a result of the search, the following was seized:
- Approximately 13 ounces of heroin with a street value of over $36,000
- 24 growing Marijuana plants
- .38 caliber Charter Arms revolver
- 22 .38 caliber rounds of ammunition
- 25 .22 caliber rounds of ammunition
- Packaging material, a digital scale
- $8,657 in cash
Scheduled to be arraigned this morning in New Bedford District Court on Firearms and drug trafficking charges: Kevin Cardoso of New Bedford, Christopher Medeiros of New Bedford.