The Greater New Bedford unemployment rate is much higher than the rest of Massachusetts, but believe it or not there really are a lot of jobs available for qualified applicants. Sometimes the barrier to a new job can be the lack of information on available job openings. To solve this, each week New Bedford Guide will be working with the New Directions Southcoast (also known as the Greater New Bedford Career Center) to inform job seekers about the hottest jobs in the area. We will define “Hot Jobs” as those jobs that need to be filled by the employer immediately. For those looking to search some large job databases, checkout my Best Job Search Resources for New Bedford Residents article. Unless noted otherwise, those interested in these positions or want more information should go to the Greater New Bedford Career Center at 618 Acushnet Avenue. Here are the Hot Jobs as of November 29th, 2012:
1. Masonry Estimator/Project Manager #1640342 – Estimating and Project manager needed 20 to 40 hours a week to start. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Provide extensive knowledge of masonry construction and the ability to read Construction blueprints. Analyze and prepare job scope review and Quality survey for all potential bids, produce accurate and complete estimate from quantity take off to bidding to purchasing become very well versed in company’s estimations database, understand and interpret companies self-performed work capabilities to develop accurate bids.
Prepare successful bids for integration into accounting department prepare budgets and cost codes for project Management on successful bids prepare job schedules and durations for successful bids. Procure submittals/approvals process for all successful bids. Review, submit and distribute shop drawings. Procure all purchasing for successful bids. Maintain accurate purchase orders logs for all successful bids assist in procurement of all change orders request for jobs in progress Assist in preparing RFP’s for jobs in progress assist in job close out, review final coasts for accuracy in original bid. This position also requires Computer skills and regular site visits. Direct experience in private and public work is a plus. D P Masonry serves the Northeast in commercial masonry construction.
2. Corporate Beverage Engineer #1634931 – We are currently looking for two Corporate Beverage Engineers to join our Engineering Department. Position Summary: The Corporate Beverage Engineer will be responsible for leading and participating in a variety of projects at any of our 4 beverage network locations. Projects will range in scope and size and may involve any and all of the following: design, integration, installation, continuous improvement, maintenance, modification, and start-up of high-speed packaging lines.
Responsibilities will require engineering experience and working levels of process & utility, drafting (CAD), controls, equipment procurement, installation, training, and start-up.
3. Director of Institutional Research Planning #1592727 – Full -time Non-Unit Professional Position.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Director is responsible for the planning, research, analysis, evaluation, and reporting functions necessary to assess institutional effectiveness. Reporting to the President and working closely with Cabinet, this position develops and disseminates analytical data related to academic, student and administrative programs, data supportive of educational master planning, student learning outcomes, enrollment trends, and required internal and state/federal external reports.
Supervises Non-Unit Institutional Staff Associates.
Master’s degree in related field (such as statistics, mathematics, policy analysis, economics, computer science, or social or natural science with an emphasis on applied quantitative methods and statistics). Doctorate preferred.
Four or more years of increasingly responsible experience involving statistical research, analysis, interpretation and reporting including work with institutional assessments, research and planning functions and problem-solving skills. One year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrative assignment.
Exceptional communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to a variety of audiences. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; to establish positive public relations for the College; and to interact effectively with a wide variety of people.
Excellent computer skills in a Windows-based PC environment; proficiency with software applications for data extracts and statistical analysis (SPSS experience preferred); and experience in the use of higher education enterprise management systems (Jenzabar experience preferred); or equivalent technical training and education.
4. Field Service Technician #1614734 – A leading manufacturer of commercial clothes dryers is seeking an independent and responsible individual to become part of our technical support team. This individual will assist customers by providing service in all areas of customer field support. This includes on site at customer locations, customer inquiries and correspondence. The ideal candidate must posses a strong mechanical aptitude, strong electrical understanding and the ability to quickly and efficiently troubleshoot equipment. Five to ten years of technical experience with complex electro-mechanical devices and preferably experience in microprocessor controls is required.
Experience with commercial laundry equipment is preferred but not necessary. This position requires travel to customer locations. Offers a competitive wage and benefit package
5. Pre-School Teacher #1633656 –
Minimum High School Diploma; 3 or more years’ experience working with preschool children. As well as an Ability to effectively interact with parents and children on a range of issues.
• Demonstrated ability to engage in a range of children’s educational, recreational, and social activities.
• Demonstrated ability to make mature judgments in difficult situations.
– Prepares and delivers daily lesson and activity plans.
– Supervises children in classroom and activities environment.
– Provides a learning environment respectful of a child’s learning level and personal experiences.
– Provide an environment conducive to group learning and interactions.
– Make and communicate on-going observations and evaluations necessary for monitoring progress and areas of improvement.
– Conduct conferences and other communications for parent interaction and understanding.
– Maintain required program records and documentation.
– Maintain site and equipment as appropriate; identify and communicate areas of safety concern.
6. Medicial Receptionist/Biller #1640164 – This position requires a friendly disposition and is the first point of contact with our patients. The applicant should have above average computer/internet skills. Patients will be checked in through a web based practice management system, appointments scheduled and billing entered. Phones will be answered and billing errors will be followed up on with insurance companies. Websites and phone will be used to check patient insurance benefits.
Prior experience with insurance and computers is very important to this position. Certificate as a Health Claims Specialist is a plus.
7. Pre-School Lead Teacher #1633655 –
The person selected for this position will be responsible for the general supervision and management of a class of children between the ages of 2 through 5 years old. This person will also assume the duties of acting Director at times when the Director is absent.
The person selected for this position must have professional experience as a teacher of young children, preferably in preschool education and development. Also must meet Department of Early Education and Care requirements. This person must be a sensitive and mature individual who is able to relate well to both children and adults. This person must be emotionally and physically capable of dealing with the multifaceted needs of the preschool child.
8. Customer Service #1641801 – Recruitment at the Greater New Bedford Career Center on Monday, December 3rd and Wednesday, December 5th from 9:00am to 3:00pm interviewing for customer service positions in New Bedford. There are approximately 20 positions available. Requirements: Must have customer service, call center, sales or retail experience. Must be comfortable working on the phone. The hourly rate is $10.50/hr plus commission. These positions are 6 Months to Hire. Please bring resume.