Here are the Hot Jobs in the New Bedford area from the NewBedfordGuide.com jobs database, as of April 22, 2018. Click the right arrow to browse the next job. Want your job listed here? Contact email@example.com.
ABA Paraprofessional (SPANISH SPEAKING) – Bay Coast Behavioral –
The Bilingual Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Paraprofessional is a high school diploma/bachelor’s level behavior technician serving as the primary support for the behavior management plan devised by the Behavior Management Therapist (BMT). The ABA Paraprofessional records data according to the plan and direction of the Behavior Management Therapist (BMT) and reports changes or trends in clients’ behavior as reflected in the data. The ABA Paraprofessional models specific interventions prescribed by the BMT and coaches and supports parents and other caregivers in the implementation of behavior change strategies. The ABA Paraprofessional is responsible for adhering to professional and legal requirements and principles as well as demonstrating sound professional judgment at all times. The ABA Paraprofessional is responsible for ensuring that each client receives the best care per program standards.
Job Duties of an ABA Paraprofessional include:
• Meet with the clinical team regularly to review treatment plan.
• Document client progress as well as behaviors.
• Model behavioral interventions to parents and participate in parent training procedures.
• Report to the clinical team.
• Ensure that treatment is provided in a safe environment.
• Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with families.
• Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
• Basic Requirements of an ABA Paraprofessional:High School Diploma or GED and have (12) months of experience working with persons with developmental disabilities, children, and adolescents, transition age youth or families;
• OR an Associate’s Degree in either a human, social, or educational services discipline, or a degree or certification related to behavior management, from an accredited community college or educational institution, and have (6) months experience working with persons with developmental disabilities, children, adolescents, transition age youth or families;
• OR a certification as a Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT) by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board and have (3) months experience working with persons with developmental disabilities, children, adolescents, transition age youth or families
• Must have Vehicle, no history of DUI, a year free of vehicle accidents, valid vehicle insurance, valid vehicle registration, and valid state inspection sticker.
• Bilingual: written & oral fluency in Spanish & English
As an equal opportunity employer, Bay Coast Behavioral seeks qualified candidates for all posted employment opportunities without regard of race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Bay Coast Behavioral has been accredited by CARF for Outpatient Treatment (BH)! Accreditation is official recognition that our organization is guided by internationally recognized service standards and best practices.
• Youth’s behavioral/mental health: 1 year (Required)
• High school or equivalent (Required)
• Spanish (Required)
Interested in applying? See full details and how to apply here.