The Greater New Bedford unemployment rate is much higher than the rest of Massachusetts, but believe it or not there really are a lot of jobs available for qualified applicants. Sometimes the barrier to a new job can be the lack of information on available job openings.
To solve this, each week New Bedford Guide will be working with the New Directions Southcoast (also known as the Greater New Bedford Career Center) and pulling jobs from our jobs database to inform job seekers about the hottest jobs in the area.
We will define “Hot Jobs” as those jobs that need to be filled by the employer immediately. For those looking to search some large job databases, checkout my Best Job Search Resources for New Bedford Residents article. Unless noted otherwise, those interested in these positions or want more information should go to the Greater New Bedford Career Center at 618 Acushnet Avenue. Be sure to also check out our Job Portal to find jobs by location on a map: https://www.newbedfordguide.com/map-page#pm_jobs_tab. Want to get e-mail notifications for new jobs? Checkout our e-mail subscription service.
If there is not a link to applying for one of the jobs listed, contact Sharon Martin, Business Services Representative at 508-990-4115 or feel free to stop by the Greater New Bedford Career Center. These positions are posted on mass.gov/jobquest.
Here are the Hot Jobs from the Greater New Bedford Career Center as of March 6th, 2014:
1. Mold Process Technician #3794449 – Individual must be able to perform all aspects of injection mold processing to include mold and material changes, and troubleshooting as needed. Knowledge of molding machine press mold set up and start up; knowledge of inspection equipment for in process quality control; knowledgeable about all plastic resins; experience starting up and shutting down injection molding presses; experience changing molds using an overhead crane; experience adjusting process parameters to correct cosmetic and dimensional defects in plastic injection molded parts; MUST be computer literate and willing and able to perform necessary required documentation (set up sheets, process deviation logs, start up checklist, first piece approval forms, mold change safety checklists) You must have at least 3 years’ experience in injection Molding.
2. Production Assistant Supervisor #3794529 – Local Industrial Healthcare linen processing facility currently hiring a Production Assistant Supervisor. Selected candidate will work directly under the Production Manager, will assist in completing daily production goals and ensuring the constant output of the production floor. He/she will also be working with employees and will be responsible for overseeing the employees’ adherence to production standards. Required qualifications: Ability to supervise and effectively manage production staff, professionally enforce company policies and procedures, understand the need of production and equipment up time. Must also be open to new ideas and adaptable to new technology. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
3. Delivery Drivers #3798640 – Join the #1 distributor of propane tank exchange! Working out of the Tiverton location. Hiring the best Class A and Class B Drivers in the industry. As a member of our team, you will pick up and deliver propane cylinders to retail customers; maintain the appearance of our displays and signs; ensure propane placement meets National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and company guidelines; and provide overall customer service to our retail customers.
1. A valid Class “A” or “B” Commercial Driver’s License with HAZMAT endorsement.
2. Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
3. Must have a clean driving record.
4. Previous driving experience of at least one year required.
5. Direct Store Delivery experience is preferred.
6. Physical ability to lift 40 lbs in each hand repeatedly throughout the day, in all weather conditions, extreme hot or cold.
7. Ability to work 10-14 hours per day on a regular basis. Weekends are required.
8. Passing a background check, drug screen, and physical abilities test.
Salary: $21-25/Hour with a Sign-on bonus!
4. Commercial Presser #3810842 – Commercial Presser – Previous knowledge preferred. Pressing sheets and linens with a steam presser.
5. Retail Associates #3810839 – High end retail – Previous retail experience preferred. Reliable person with excellent customer service skills.
6. Customer Counter (Part-Time) #3810944 – Lifting packages, data entry, great customer service skills. Must have working computer knowledge-data entry.
7. Driver #3810954 – Taxi Cab Company. Must have High School Diploma and an experienced driver with a Valid Driver’s License. There are 3 positions available for first, second and split shifts.
Here are some jobs in the New Bedford area from the NewBedfordGuide.com jobs database:
1. Administrative Assistant-Women’s Fund of the Community Foundation of SE MA Full details and application process here.
2. Assistant Manager – Papa Gino’s (New Bedford). Full details and application process here.
3. Cook – Eliot Community Human Services. Full details and application process here.
4. Delivery Driver (Class A CDL) Seasonal and Part-T – Blue Rhino/Ferrellgas. Full details and application process here.
5. Ultrasound Technician – St. Luke’s Hospital. Full details and application process here.
Be sure to also check out our Job Portal to find jobs by location on a map: https://www.newbedfordguide.com/map-page#pm_jobs_tab. Want to get e-mail notifications for new jobs? Checkout our e-mail subscription service.