Spring has sprung, and the nicer weather should inspire you to take a trip down to Buttonwood Park and check out the Swan Boats this season. Operations resumed last weekend and starting school vacation week they will running every day (weather permitting) through September.
Here are some fun facts we bet you didn’t know:
• The swan boats are very easy to operate. It is designed that so two people can pedal, but it only requires one person. You steer with lever that controls the rudder in the back for easy turning.
• Paddling is not only great exercise, easy to do and lots of fun, but it is also great for the pond! Paddling helps to add oxygen to the water, which benefits the pond and fish!
• The swans can seat up to 2 adults and 2 small children or even 3 small adults can sit together. Because it’s easy to use it is popular for mothers or grandmothers to go out with their children or grandchildren. It’s great for families too; we see couples of all ages come on for a nice date.
• The perfect pedaling time is approximately 20 minutes. It’s an affordable activity and a great way to enjoy the outdoors.
• A portion of all proceeds go directly towards making water quality improvements to Buttonwood Pond
• Kid friendly, no age minimum or maximum and life jackets are provided for everyone under age 13.
They are currently running weekends from 10:30 am to 6 pm, (weather permitting) and will begin operating daily for April school vacation week beginning April 15 through Labor Day, September 2. After Labor Day it will be weekends only.
Prices are $5 for Children between the ages of 2-15, under 2 are free and $10 for Adults.
Looking to save a few bucks? Show them these coupons on your phone or print them out: