Spinner Publications is celebrating the holidays with a special “Spinner Authors Meet & Greet” Holiday Party. Many of the authors who have written some of Spinner’s most popular books will be in attendance. The event will take place Thursday, December 13, 2018, at Gallery X, 169 William Street, New Bedford MA from 5 to 8 PM.
Celebrate the holidays with the writers, editors, and photographers that have given you so many quality books over the last 40 years. Bring books to have signed. Hobnob with local literary celebs. Spinner’s newest books and calendars will be available for purchase.
• Catherine McLaughlin (Blue Collars)
• Marsha McCabe, Alfred H. Saulniers, Joseph Thomas, Natalie White & Jay Avila (A Picture History of New Bedford Volumes 1 & 2)
• Everett Hoagland (Ocean Voices)
• Lynn Donohue (Brick by Brick)
• Laurie Robertson-Lorant (The Man Who Lived Among The Cannibals)
• Robert & Linda Waxler (Losing Jonathan & Courage to Walk)
• Daniel Georgianna (The Strike of ‘28)
• James Bobrick (Throwbacks)
• Ada Jill Schneider (Behind the Pictures I Hang)
Jim Sears (Urban Cottage Gardens of the Portuguese Community DVD) and Spinner founding member Donna Huse (Spinner ~ People and Culture of Southeastern Massachusetts) are unable to attend but will sign DVDs and books ahead of time.
Spinner Publications is a New Bedford-based, non-profit cultural organization whose mission is to record and promote the history and culture of Southeastern Massachusetts.
Among Spinner’s award-winning titles are:
• A Picture History of New Bedford ~ Volume 1: 1602-1925
• A Picture History of New Bedford ~ Volume 2: 1925-1980,
• Lincoln Park Remembered, Portuguese Spinner: An American Story, Brick by Brick:
• A Woman’s Journey Branded on My Arm and in My Soul
• The anthology series, Spinner: People Culture in Southeastern Massachusetts.
For more information, ‘Like’ us on Facebook, visit www.spinnerpub.com, email or call 508-994-4564.