Funeral Services Assistant – Service Corporation International
Overview & Responsibilities
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work ® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our associates said that their work has special meaning and is not “just a job”. We currently have a part time opening for a Funeral Services Assistant at Rock Funeral Home in New Bedford, MA. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
This position interacts directly with client families during their time of need and is responsible for creating and maintaining a premier level of client family satisfaction. The Funeral Attendant will set-up and assist with viewings, funeral services, memorial services, etc.
• Performs a variety of tasks during funerals and visitations to assist funeral directors and ensures that services run smoothly as planned
• Directs calls to appropriate team members
• Greets and receives client families and/or other persons entering the office for information and assistance
• Maintains a friendly attitude while offering assistance and guidance to all persons entering the location
• Assists passengers in and out of limousine with special emphasis and patience given to the handicapped and elderly
• Assists the Funeral Director in the movement of the casketed deceased and other related paraphernalia in and out of the visitation area, funeral home chapel, church or other place of service
• Drives the hearse, family limousine or other vehicle in the funeral cortege and/or other funeral related activities
Requirements & Qualifications
Applicants must have a flexible schedule, professional appearance, good attitude, and be a team player. The candidate must share in the idea of growing market and maintaining a premier level of customer satisfaction.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Self-starter and team player
• Compassionate towards others
• Ability to lift 75lbs SCI Overview
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com .
Interested in applying? See full details and how to apply here