The Greater New Bedford unemployment rate is much higher than the rest of Massachusetts, but believe it or not there really are a lot of jobs available for qualified applicants. Sometimes the barrier to a new job can be the lack of information on available job openings. To solve this, each week New Bedford Guide will be working with the New Directions Southcoast (also known as the Greater New Bedford Career Center) to inform job seekers about the hottest jobs in the area. We will define “Hot Jobs” as those jobs that need to be filled by the employer immediately. For those looking to search some large job databases, checkout my Best Job Search Resources for New Bedford Residents article. Unless noted otherwise, those interested in these positions or want more information should go to the Greater New Bedford Career Center at 618 Acushnet Avenue.
Interested in any of the positions listed below, please contact Sharon Martin, Business Services Representative at 508-990-4115 or feel free to stop by the Greater New Bedford Career Center. These positions are posted on mass.gov/jobquest.
Here are the Hot Jobs as of March, 26th, 2013:
1. Shipper & Receivers #2071839 – IMMEDIATE HIRES. Must have reliable transportation, able to read and write English. Must be comfortable in working in a warehouse environment and have some experience, hard working and dependable. You must also pass an oral drug test.
2. Concrete Form Workers #2071857 – Experienced Concrete form workers needed, Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in advanced form work. Must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation. Applicant must be fluent in English. This is a 40 hour position with no overtime.
3. Stitchers #2075761 – Drapery stitcher experienced in handling and joining large piece goods with accuracy. Ability to learn various machines. Company is located in Brockton.
4. Customer Service Representatives #2075736 – Responsibilities for this position include but not limited to: Responsible for front-line communication with our sales representatives, customer and consumers regarding Custom Accessory products, programs, availability and lead time information. Assist customers/sales reps by entering/changing Customer Accessories orders and advising them of sales programs. Coordinate orders & artwork with vendors to achieve on time shipments and exceed customer expectation. Administer sales programs by consistently applying proper terms/discounts to each order. Answer customer/consumer, availability and order status as necessary. Assist in providing coverage for other Custom Accessory product lines.
5. Restoration Crew Chief #2089030 – Run a crew performing speciality cleaning and dry out services after fires and flooding. Rotating on-call schedule for after hours operations on emergency basis. Professionalism a must. IICRC certifications a plus. Portuguese-speaking a plus, lead-safe certification a plus. Must have at least one year experience.
6. Seasonal Camp Positions #2093377 – It is that season again for YMCA Southcoast! Looking for motivated and fun individuals to join our camp this season. To see all the positions we are offer, please refer to our website and apply thru our online application. Must be friendly, dependable and fun. Positions are located in Dartmouth and Mattapoisett MA.
7. Chiropractic Assistant #2093343 – Part time/10 hrs per week – ChiropracticUSA is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic team player with awesome communication skills and a desire to learn to assist with community education. Must be at least 18 years of age with Microsoft Office experience and 2 years of college.
8. Customer Service Representative #2105490 – Looking for experienced CSRs to provide exceptional customer service in a fast paced Call Center environment. Responsibilities include assessing customer needs and concerns, handling challenging situations in a courteous and professional manner, exercising decision making, problem solving and multitasking capabilities. Must have availability between the hours of 12:00 PM and 9:00 PM and must be available on Saturdays.