Here are the Hot Jobs in the New Bedford area from the NewBedfordGuide.com jobs database, as of April 14, 2019. Click the right arrow to browse the next job. Want your job listed here? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greenhouse Worker – Sid Wainer & Son
$12.00- $15.00 an hour
About Sid Wainer & Son
For the past 100 years, Sid Wainer & Son has been at the forefront of the food industry. We travel the world to source, grow, and bring to the table the most unique products and ingredients on the face of the earth. We tap into our extensive product knowledge and experience in the culinary field to educate our customers, suppliers, and one another. Our customers are discerning food lovers; the top restaurants, retailers, airlines, hotels, caterers and cooking shows in the world.
The Greenhouse Worker will assist with the daily greenhouse operations that include systems seeding, sampling, planting, watering, and harvest. Our Greenhouse is located right near our headquarters in New Bedford!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Hand work including: fertilizing, picking, harvesting, and packing seasonal vegetables and herbs.
• Communicate and problem solve with Farm Manager.
• Assist with plant production.
• Provide excellent customer service and public relations.
• Assist with inventory control and product merchandizing.
• Perform team member duties as needed.
• Identify potential pest or disease.
1. Must be able to withstand high temperatures/heat and humidity
2. Able to stand for 6-8 hours
3. Able to lift up to 60lbs
• Our season lasts from April-October/November; layoff in the winter/slow season
• Monday-Friday, 7AM-4PM
Pay rate: $12-$15 per hour (based on experience)
• 1+ years of greenhouse and watering experience preferred.
Interested in applying? See full details and how to apply here