Here are the Hot Jobs in the New Bedford area from the NewBedfordGuide.com jobs database, as of December 29, 2019. Click the right arrow to browse the next job. Want your job listed here? Contact email@example.com.
Cashier/General Clerk – PriceRite (New Bedford)
To maintain a high level of presentation and cleanliness while pricing, stocking and rotating merchandise in any department; to maintain neat, clean and visually appealing departments: to provide our customers with accurate, friendly and efficient checkout service; to accurately scan items, collect proper payment; and to provide proper change if necessary; and to perform other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner, within Company policy.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Team Member to possess the minimum qualifications listed above.
These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
• Ability to perform basic math skills.
• Ability to make change with all denominations of American currency.
• Ability to stand/ walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
• Ability to adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil code regulations.
• Ability to operate equipment as required by department; i.e. slicer, scale, can opener, wrapping machine, rotisserie, fryolator, cheese grater/ cutter, case cutter and stove/ oven
• Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and lift 25 lbs. to 75 lbs.
• Ability to provide customers with superior service.
• Maintain a neat, well-groomed appearance at all times and observe company dress code policies.
• Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
• Maintain all department sanitation and QA standards including cleaning and sanitizing all work surfaces, utensils and equipment, sweeping, mopping, removing cardboard and trash as needed, and being able to operate a baler or compactor. Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
• Check products received against an invoice.
• Use a slicing machine and related equipment where applicable.
• Prepare and replenish product for sale in any department where applicable.
• Always operate equipment with all safeguards in place and in good operating condition. Observe safe methods of performing all duties.
• Comply with all store rules, Company policies, safety requirements, security standards and all local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
• Dress according to company policy to include white shirt, black pants, apron, name badge.
• Comply with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling unpackaged foods.
• Greet all customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
• Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing, storing, and price marking, scaling, and restocking products to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
• Adhere to all Federal, State, and Local regulations as they pertain to all departments.
• Keeps displays and display cases stocked and properly turned and faced at all times in accordance with all department standards.
• Completes price changes as directed by department manager.
• Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
• Complete all applicable department training programs.
• Comply with Price Rite service priorities: clean, fresh and friendly.
• Retrieve carts from the lot
• Must be 18 years old or older to operate balers, hi-lo’s, power jacks, slicing machines, etc.
• Perform other duties as required
• Part Time work hours – our business requires a flexible scheduling consisting of days, evenings and weekends. Weekly average hours for a part time clerk is 15-20. Hours fluctuate weekly in accordance with business.
• Part Time Training Requirements – All Team Members are provided paid training and are expected to successfully complete all essential components of training within the first 30 days. This includes web based and hands-on training.
• All Team Members are expected to report to work as scheduled and required to record work time through our electronic time and attendance system. Excessive lateness and/or absences is not acceptable.
• Cashiers are expected to maintain cash control per our company standards. Excessive errors are not acceptable to the business and are monitored per our cash handling policy.
NOTE: ASSOCIATES MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO OPERATE BALERS, HI-LOS, POWER JACKS AND SLICING MACHINES.
Interested in applying? See full details and how to apply here