Dog Walker/Pet Sitter – Harmonious Hounds (New Bedford)
Harmonious Hounds is hiring! We are an established and well-loved dog training, pet sitting, and dog walking company, and are seeking exceptional caregivers to add to our great staff.
Days & Hours:
• As-needed, M-F early mornings and late nights (7-9 a.m. & 7-9 p.m.)
• As-Needed Saturdays and Sundays (anytime from 7 a.m.-9 p.m.)
There is also potential for this hire to serve as back-up relief for daily dog walkers, if the applicant’s schedule allows for daytime availability.
Visits are for drop-in care at each client’s home and range anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes of service, booked 2-4 times per day. Occasional overnights will also be available for staff that successfully complete their probationary period.
Competitive compensation per visit. Service Area includes: New Bedford, Westport, Dartmouth, Mattapoisett, Rochester, Marion, Fairhaven, Acushnet, Berkley
Please note: This is a very part-time job to start (1-10 visits per week). More visits available as business increases.
• You are 21+
• You live in or near our service area (10 mile radius of New Bedford)
• You have a reliable car, a valid drivers license, and a clean driving record.
• You have a smart phone with internet access, GPS, email, and text & check messages daily.
• You are comfortable driving and working in inclement weather.
• You can lift and carry fifty (50) pounds
• You LOVE animals.
• You feel comfortable walking both BIG and small dogs, as well as working with a variety of species (cats, horses, chickens, pocket pets).
• You can work with us for at least the next six months. The pets and their owners will want to develop a long-term relationship with you.
• You are available for the days/hours listed above.
• You are comfortable with a widely fluctuating schedule that can include only 1-2 visits per shift and varies from week to week
• You can easily pass a criminal/background check.
Our optimal candidates will be looking for a very part-time job – past hires include college students or those looking for hands-on animal care experience. Preference will be given to those with animal experience, but we are willing to train. We are looking to hire an employee, NOT an independent contractor. Competitors need not apply. Please no, calls regarding the position – initial inquiries will only be accepted via email.
In your cover letter, please include the days/hours you are available and your location.
• Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
Interested in applying? See full details a• nd how to apply here