Seven things you need to know about this year’s New Bedford Oktoberfest
By Deborah Aguiar, member of SCBA
1. Number one: It’s happening and we couldn’t be more excited. After having to skip a year due to the pandemic, there is much anticipation for the fifteenth Oktoberfest. Get your lederhosen and dirndls ready.
2. Same time, same place: The event is being held on October 2nd and kicks off at 3:00pm as it has in past years, going right through to midnight. The place? City Pier 3 (right behind The Black Whale restaurant). You’ll see us under the big tent.
3. Save money in advance: Tickets are $15.00 on-line in advance at Eventbrite.com. Of course you can always buy tickets at the door, but the door price will be $20. Tickets in advance help us plan a little better for the event regarding product and making sure we have enough to go around. It also reduces money exchange upon entry. Show your ID, Your tickets on your phone and voi-la.
4. Masks are not required, but will be made available. Feel free to bring your own or we will have some disposable masks for anyone who should need one. Only while supplies last. Hand sanitizing stations will be set up at all areas where money, items and consumer goods might be exchanged. It is an outdoor event but we understand folks needing to take extra- precautions due to personal feelings or health concerns. We support safety!
5. The music line-up is going to be killer! Off-Kilter, Band Inc, The NB Rude Boys, Pour Men and Felix Brown Band will all be taking the stage. For official line up times, visit southcoastbusninessalliance.org/Oktoberfest
6. It’s for a great cause: The SCBA is a 100% volunteer-based organization. All of our signature events have raised over $500,000 and allowed us to distribute those funds directly to the youth of our community and the various organizations that provide direct services. (See our site for a list of our contributions and work).
7. Great Menu: Local favorites that have been a staple at our events will be on tap like Buzzard’s Bay and Mayflower along with Pumpkin flavored options provided by Colonial Beverage. Some new items vendors that will be present and available include Canned Heat, Vitamin Sea, wine, sangria and White Claw.