The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of July 4, 2022 – July 8, 2022, and they are as follows:
**City offices will be closed on Monday, July 4th as well as no construction work will be conducted**
Eversource will be working on the gas main relays on:
• Phillips Rd. from Holly Tree Lane to Route 140
• Wood St. & Belleville Ave.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working at the MassDOT project, Kings Highway, new traffic signal operations and sign installations.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on sidewalk reconstruction along a portion of Cove Road from Padanaram Avenue to Orchard Street.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on various streets, citywide, completing minor repairs and installations.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on sewer main installation on Cedar Street from Hillman Street to North Street. Once the sewer main installation is complete, full depth road reconstruction will begin (Maxfield St to Mill St).
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on granite curb installation and sidewalk reconstruction along Phillips Rd from 1884 Phillips Rd to Holly Tree Lane.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the city. (Church St at Carlisle St and Wamsutta St at Acushnet Ave.) If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us