New Bedford roadwork sites for the upcoming week of March 21, 2022 – March 25, 2022
The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of March 21, 2022 – March 25, 2022, and they are as follows:
Eversource will be working on the gas main relays and services at:
• No work scheduled
• Contractor (KR Rezendes) will be working at the MassDOT project, Hathaway Triangle, for intersection improvements at Hathaway Rd, Nauset St and Mt Pleasant St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working at the MassDOT project, Kings Highway, for road and sidewalk reconstruction along portions of Kings Highway and Tarkiln Hill Rd.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the city. (Church St at Carlisle St and Wamsutta St at Acushnet Ave.) If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us
Union St. Phase II Sewer Separation Project:
• Contractor (C. Naughton Corp.) will continue replacement of the Union St sewer main and service connections between Sixth St and County St. During working hours, Union St will be closed between County St and Sixth St. Union St westbound traffic will be detoured at Sixth St to School St. Union St eastbound traffic will be detoured at County St to Spring St.
• Access to local business will be maintained, construction/detour signs will be posted, and police details will be on-site to assist with traffic management.
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.