The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of January 24, 2022 – January 28, 2022 and they are as follows:
Eversource will be working on the gas main relays and services at:
• No work scheduled
• MassDOT Project #608536, intersection improvement at Rockdale Ave X Allen St is wrapped up for the winter season. Contractor (JH Lynch) will be returning in March 2022, weather pending, to resume utility work and intersection upgrades.
• MassDOT Project #606718, roadway reconstruction and related work (including traffic signal installation) along a section of Hathaway Rd, Nauset St and Mt Pleasant St is wrapped up for the winter season. Contractor (KR Rezendes, Inc) will be returning in March 2022, weather pending, to resume final site work.
• MassDOT Project #606709 intersection improvements along a section of Kings Highway and Tarkiln Hill Rd. is wrapped up for the winter season. Contractor (PA Landers) will be returning in March 2022, weather pending, to resume site work.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the City. (Church St at Carlisle St and Wamsutta St at Acushnet Ave.) If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us
Union St. Phase II Sewer Separation Project:
• Contractor (C. Naughton Corp.) will continue replacement of the Union St sewer main between Sixth St and County St. Work may require closure of 6th St at the Union St intersection. During working hours, Union St westbound traffic will be detoured via Pleasant St to Elm St. Union St eastbound traffic will be detoured at County Street to Spring Street. Sixth St southbound traffic will be detoured at Elm St to County St. Union Street westbound traffic will be detoured at Sixth Street to School Street. Union Street eastbound traffic will be detoured at County Street to Spring Street.
• Access to local business will be maintained, construction/detour signage will be posted, and police details will be on-site to assist with traffic management.
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.