The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of November 22, 2021 – November 26, 2021 and they are as follows:
Offices will be closed & no construction works Thursday, November 25th and Friday, November 26th.
Eversource will be working on the gas main relays and services at:
• Replacing gas services on Elizabeth St, Bedford St and Taber St
• Abandoning gas main on Hersom St / Waldo St and Vernon St
• Tie in gas main and replacing gas services on Phillips Rd starting from Birchwood Dr to Hillcrest Dr
• Working on the regulators on Holly St at Belleville Ave
• Relaying gas main on Church St at Tarkiln Hill Rd
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be on Cottage St (Parker St to Sycamore St) for various sidewalk restoration areas. No Parking zone signs will be posted in areas as necessary.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to continue sidewalk roadway improvements on Weld St from Summer St to Myrtle St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be conducting test pits on Cedar St (Maxfield St to North St) for upcoming sewer main installation.
• Contactor (AGS) will be replacing sidewalk panels at various utility pole locations throughout the city.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be repairing various roadway and sidewalks citywide.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on wheelchair ramp reconstruction on Pleasant St by North St / Tower Dr
• Contractor (JH Lynch) to continue work at MassDOT Project #608536, intersection improvements at Rockdale Ave X Allen St. Detours during working hours will be required for installation of new drainage throughout the project site. Signage will be posted for detour routes.
• Contractor (K.R. Rezendes, Inc.) to continue work at MassDOT Project #606718, roadway reconstruction and related work (including traffic signal installation) along a section of Hathaway Rd, Nauset St and Mt Pleasant St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to continue work at MassDOT Project #606709 with roadway and sidewalk reconstruction related work along a section of Kings Highway and Tarkiln Hill Rd.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the City. (Church St at Carlisle St and Wamsutta St at Acushnet Ave.) Contractor will be performing test pits in Wamsutta St. Street closure from Acushnet Ave to N Front St. Detour signage and police details will be in place. If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water runs clear.
• The City will be flushing hydrants Saturday and Sundays between November 13th and November 27th. Industrial Park (along Braley Rd, Church St, Phillips Rd, Duchaine Blvd, Samuel Barnet Blvd and John Vertente Blvd.), the Fish Houses (along Coggeshall St and North Front St, Herman Melville Blvd, MacArthur Drive from Front St to Cove St), Pier 2, Pier 4, State Pier and Downtown (between Maxfield St and Walnut St and from County St to the Waterfront)
Union St. Phase II Sewer Separation Project:
• Contractor (C. Naughton Corp.) will work Monday to Wednesday to continue installing catch basins and drain piping along Union St between Sixth St and County St. During working hours, Union St will be closed between Sixth St and Eighth St. Westbound traffic on Union St will be detoured via Pleasant St, Elm St and County St. Eastbound traffic on Union St will be detoured via Spring St and Pleasant St.
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.