New Bedford roadwork sites for the upcoming week of October 6, 2021 – October 10, 2021
The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of October 6, 2021 – October 10, 2021 and they are as follows:
Eversource will be working on the gas main relays and services at:
• Replacing gas services Oaklawn St working from Brock Ave to W Rodney French Blvd
• Replacing gas services on Hersom St from Ashley Blvd to Baylies St
• Relaying gas main on Bedford St from West St to Brigham St
• Relaying gas main on Edward St from Dartmouth St to Field St
• Installing new gas main on Phillips Rd starting from Birchwood Dr to Hillcrest Dr
• Working on the regulators on Holly St at Belleville Ave and/or Wood St at Belleville Ave
• Installing new gas main on Church St at Tarkiln Hill Rd
• Contractor (PA Landers/ PJ Keating) will be completing the final paving of the roadway on Nelson St from County St to Crapo St on Monday October 4th, weather permitting. Roadway will be closed to all traffic for durations of paving and dry time. Subcontractor scheduled to complete tree planting and hydroseeding of grass restoration areas, weather permitting.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will resume work on Hatch St from Belleville Ave to Acushnet Ave in preparation for final paving.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will resume work on Cottage St from Parker St to Sycamore St for tree planting and hydroseeding of grass restoration areas.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to begin sidewalk roadway improvements on Weld St from Summer St to Myrtle St
• Contactor (AGS) will be replacing sidewalk panels at various utility pole locations throughout the city.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be repairing various roadway and sidewalks citywide.
• Water main shutdown on Hathaway Rd from Mt Pleasant St to Highland St tentatively scheduled for Wednesday night, October 6th. Notices will be provided to all impacted services 24 hours in advance confirming date and time frame for the shutdown. Customer throughout the distribution area may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water clears.
• Contractor (JH Lynch) to continue work at MassDOT Project #608536, intersection improvements at Rockdale Ave X Allen St. Detours during working hours will be required for installation of new drainage throughout the project site. Signage will be posted for detour routes.
• Contractor (K.R. Rezendes, Inc.) to continue work at MassDOT Project #606718, roadway reconstruction and related work (including traffic signal installation) along a section of Hathaway Rd, Nauset St and Mt Pleasant St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to continue work at MassDOT Project #606709 with roadway and sidewalk reconstruction and utility install related work along a section of Kings Highway and Tarkiln Hill Rd.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the City. (Church St at Carlisle St and Wamsutta St at Acushnet Ave.) If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water runs clear.
Union St. Phase II Sewer Separation Project:
• Contractor (C. Naughton Corp.) will continue installing water main pipe along Union St between Sixth St and County St. under the City’s “Union St Phase II Sewer Separation Project”. During working hours, Union St will be closed between Sixth St and Eighth St. Westbound traffic on Union St will be detoured via Pleasant St, Elm St and County St. Eastbound traffic on Union St will be detoured via Spring St and Pleasant St. Construction/detour signage will be posted and police details will be on-site to assist with traffic management.
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.