The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of September 20, 2021 – September 24, 2021 and they are as follows:
Eversource will be working on the gas main relays and services at:
• Replacing gas services on Oaklawn St working from Brock Ave to W Rodney French Blvd
• Replacing gas services on Tacoma St working from Wildwood Rd to Ashley Blvd
• Replacing gas services on Hersom St from Ashley Blvd to Baylies St
• Relaying gas main on Bedford St from West St to Brigham St
• Relaying gas main on Edward St from Dartmouth St to Field St
• Relaying gas main on Phillips Rd starting from Birchwood Dr to Hillcrest Dr
• Working on the regulators on Holly St at Belleville Ave and/or Wood St at Belleville Ave
• Relay gas main on Church St at Tarkiln Hill Rd
• MassDOT and the City will be hosting a Design Public Hearing Tuesday September 21st at 7:00 PM for the upcoming County St Improvements Project between Cove St and Union St. This will be a live virtual meeting. Additional information and weblink to register in advance for the meeting can be found on the calendar located on the City’s website.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be continuing sidewalk and roadway improvements on Hathaway Rd from Rockdale Ave to Dartmouth town line. Final paving is scheduled for Thursday and Friday, weather permitting.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will continue road and sidewalk reconstruction on Purchase St from Penniman St to Clark St. Final paving is scheduled for Thursday and Friday, weather permitting.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will resume work on Nelson St from County St to Crapo St in preparation of final paving. This work includes tree planting and hydroseeding of grass restoration areas.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will resume work on Hatch St from Belleville Ave to Acushnet Ave in preparation for final paving. This work includes tree planting and hydroseeding of grass restoration areas.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will resume work on Cottage St from Parker St to Sycamore St for tree planting and hydroseeding of grass restoration areas.
• Contactor (AGS) will be replacing sidewalk panels at various utility pole locations throughout the city.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be repairing various roadway and sidewalks citywide.
• Contractor (JH Lynch) is scheduled to begin work the week of September 20th from MassDOT Project #608536, intersection improvements at Rockdale Ave X Allen St. Detours during working hours will be required for installation of new drainage throughout the project site. Signage will be posted for detour routes.
• Contractor (K.R. Rezendes, Inc.) to continue work at MassDOT Project #606718, roadway reconstruction and related work (including traffic signal installation) along a section of Hathaway Rd, Nauset St and Mt Pleasant St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to continue work at MassDOT Project #606709 with roadway and sidewalk reconstruction and utility install replated work along a section of Kings Highway and Tarkiln Hill Rd.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the City. (Church St at Carlisle St and Wamsutta St at Acushnet Ave.) If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water runs clear.
Union St. Phase II Sewer Separation Project:
• Contractor (C. Naughton Corp.) will continue installing water main pipe along Union St between Sixth St and County St. under the City’s “Union St Phase II Sewer Separation Project”. During working hours, Union St will be closed between Sixth St and Eighth St. Westbound traffic on Union St will be detoured via Pleasant St, Elm St and County St. Eastbound traffic on Union St will be detoured via Spring St and Pleasant St. Construction/detour signage will be posted and police details will be on-site to assist with traffic management.
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.