New Bedford roadwork sites for the upcoming week of September 12, 2021 – September 17, 2021
The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of September 12, 2021 – September 17, 2021 and they are as follows:
Eversource will be working on the gas main relays and services at:
• Relaying gas services on Pleasant St working from Weld St to Austin St
• Replacing gas services on Lucas St and then Oaklawn St working from Brock Ave to W Rodney French Blvd
• Relaying gas services on Tacoma St working from Wildwood Rd to Ashley Blvd
• Relaying gas main on Hersom St from Ashley Blvd to Baylies St
• Relaying gas main on Phillips Rd starting from Birchwood Dr to Hillcrest Dr
• Working on the regulators on Holly St at Belleville Ave and/or Wood St at Belleville Ave
• MassDOT and the City will be hosting a Design Public Hearing Tuesday September 21st at 7:00 PM for the upcoming County St Improvements Project between Nelson St and Union St. This will be a live virtual meeting. Additional information and weblink to register in advance for the meeting can be found on the calendar located on the City’s website.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be continuing sidewalk and roadway improvements on Hathaway Rd from Rockdale Ave to town line.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will continue road and sidewalk reconstruction on Purchase St from Penniman St to Clark St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will resume work on Nelson St from County St to Crapo St in preparation of final paving.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will resume work on Hatch St from Belleville Ave to Acushnet Ave in preparation for final paving.
• Contactor (AGS) will be replacing sidewalk panels at various utility pole locations throughout the city.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be repairing various roadway and sidewalks citywide.
• Contractor (JH Lynch) is scheduled to begin work the week of September 20th from MassDOT Project #608536, intersection improvements at Rockdale Ave X Allen St. Detours during working hours will be required for installation of new drainage throughout the project site. Signage will be posted for detour routes.
• Contractor (K.R. Rezendes, Inc.) to continue work at MassDOT Project #606718, roadway reconstruction and related work (including traffic signal installation) along a section of Hathaway Rd, Nauset St and Mt Pleasant St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to continue MassDOT Project #606709 with roadway paving scheduled for Monday and Tuesday, weather permitting, from the grade crossing of the railroad tracks to Church St intersection.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the City. If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water runs clear.
Union St. Phase II Sewer Separation Project:
• Contractor (C. Naughton Corp.) will begin water main installation at the County and Union Street intersection under the City’s “Union St Phase II Sewer Separation Project”. During working hours, County Street will be reduced to one-lane for southbound traffic only. Northbound traffic will be detoured via Spring Street, 8th Street and Elm Street. Union Street will be closed between County Street and Orchard Street with traffic detoured via Orchard Street and Clinton Street. Union Street also will be closed between County Street and 8th Street with traffic detoured at 8th Street. Construction/detour signage will be posted and police details will be on-site to assist with traffic management.
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.