City offices closed on Monday, September 6th for Labor Day.
The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of September 6, 2021 – September 10, 2021 and they are as follows:
Eversource will be working on the gas main relays and services at:
• Relaying gas main on Pleasant St working from Weld St to Austin St
• Replacing gas services on Lucas St and then Oaklawn St working from Brock Ave to W Rodney French Blvd
• Relaying gas main on Stowell St from Field St to Dartmouth St
• Relaying gas services on Tacoma St working from Wildwood Rd to Ashley Blvd
• Relaying gas main on Somerset St from Park St to Hersom St
• Relaying gas main on Phillips Rd starting from Birchwood Dr to Hillcrest Dr
• Working on the regulators on Holly St at Belleville Ave and/or Wood St at Belleville Ave
• Contractor (PA Landers and PJ Keating) will be milling the pavement surface on Tuesday and Wednesday, weather permitting, at Hathaway Rd from Rockdale Ave to Town Line.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will continue road and sidewalk reconstruction on Purchase St from Penniman St to Clark St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will begin work on Hathaway Rd from Rockdale Ave to the Town Line.
• Contactor (AGS) will be replacing sidewalk panels at various locations throughout the city.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be repairing various roadway and sidewalks citywide.
• Contractor (K.R. Rezendes, Inc.) to continue work at MassDOT Project #606718, roadway reconstruction and related work (including traffic signal installation) along a section of Hathaway Rd, Nauset St and Mt Pleasant St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to continue MassDOT Project #606709 for roadway reconstruction and related work along a section of Kings Highway from the railroad tracks grade crossing to the intersection of Church St and Tarkiln Hill Rd.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the City. If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water runs clear.
Union St. Phase II Sewer Separation Project:
• Contractor (C. Naughton Corp.) will begin water main installation at the County St and Union St intersection.
• Contractor (C. Naughton Corp.) is scheduled to work Tuesday to Friday from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM
• During working hours, County St will be reduced to one lane for southbound traffic only. Northbound traffic will be detoured via Spring St, 8th St and Elm St. Union St will be closed between County St and Orchard St with traffic detoured via Orchard St and Clinton St. Union St also will be closed between County St and 8th St with traffic detoured at 8th St.
• Construction/detour signage will be posted and police details will be on-site to assist with traffic management.
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.