The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of August 23, 2021 – August 27, 2021 and they are as follows:
Eversource will be working on the gas main relays and services at:
• Relaying gas main on Pleasant St. working from Weld St. to Austin St.
• Replacing gas services on Lucas St. and then Oaklawn St. working from Brock Ave. to W. Rodney French Blvd.
• Relaying gas main on Stowell St. from Field St. to Dartmouth St.
• Relaying gas services on Tacoma St. working from Wildwood Rd. to Ashley Blvd.
• Relaying gas main on Somerset St. from Park St. to Hersom St.
• Relaying gas main on Phillips Rd. starting from Birchwood Dr. to Hillcrest Dr.
• Working on the regulators on Holly St. at Belleville Ave. and/or Wood St. at Belleville Ave.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be continuing with roadway and sidewalk repairs for Metropolitan St. from Brownell Ave. to Commonwealth Ave., Maryland St. from Caswell St. to Conduit St. Conduit St. from Maryland St. to Jarry St., Hunter St. from Maxfield St. to Parker St. and Parker St. from Hathaway Blvd. to Hunter St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will continue road reconstruction on Purchase St. from Penniman St. to Clark St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be starting work on Hathaway Rd. from Rockdale Ave. to the Town Line.
• Contactor (AGS) will be replacing sidewalk panels at various locations throughout the city.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be repairing various roadway and sidewalks citywide.
• Contractor (K.R. Rezendes, Inc.) to continue work at MassDOT Project #606718, roadway reconstruction and related work (including traffic signal installation) along a section of Hathaway Rd., Nauset St. and Mt. Pleasant St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to continue MassDOT Project #606709 for roadway reconstruction and related work along a section of Kings Highway from Rte. 140 ramps to Tarkiln Hill Rd.
• DPI will be filling potholes city-wide on a continuous basis.
• DPI will be street sweeping all roadways city-wide on a weekly basis.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the City. If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water runs clear.
Union St. Phase II Sewer Separation Project:
• Contractor (C. Naughton Corp.) will continue installing drain pipe along Union St. between Sixth St. and Eight St.
• The Contractor is scheduled to work Monday to Thursday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. During working hours Union St. will be closed between Sixth St. and Eighth St. Westbound traffic on Union St. will be detoured via Pleasant St., Elm St. and County St. (Traffic traveling south on N. Sixth St. will be detoured to Pleasant St. via Market St.) Eastbound traffic on Union St. will be detoured via Spring St. and Pleasant St.
• There is no work or traffic controls scheduled for Friday, August 27th. If scheduled work is cancelled due to rain Monday to Thursday. The Contractor will work on Friday.
• Construction/detour signage will be posted and police details will be on-site to assist with traffic management.
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.