The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of June 21, 2021 – June 25, 2021 and they are as follows:
Eversource will be working on the gas main relays and services at:
• Replacing gas services on Pleasant St. working in the area from Weld St. to Austin St.
• Replacing gas services on Lucas St. working from Brock Ave. to W. Rodney French Blvd.
• Relaying gas main on Tacoma St. working from Acushnet Ave. to Wildwood Rd.
• Relaying gas main and tie-in on Cove Rd. at the Crapo St. intersection
• Relaying gas main on Shaw St. from Acushnet Ave. to Conduit St.
• Relaying gas main on Phillips Rd. starting from Birchwood Dr. to Hillcrest Dr.
• Working on the regulator on Holly St. @ Belleville Ave.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will continue road reconstruction on Cottage St. from Parker St. to Sycamore St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will continue road reconstruction on Nelson St. from Crapo St. to County St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will continue sidewalk work along Acushnet Ave. from Monmouth St. to Victoria St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be repaving various sections of roadway citywide.
• Contractor (K.R. Rezendes, Inc.) to continue work at MassDOT Project #606718, roadway reconstruction and related work (including traffic signal installation) along a section of Hathaway Rd., Nauset St. and Mt. Pleasant St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to continue MassDOT Project #606709 for roadway reconstruction and related work along a section of Kings Highway from Rte. 140 ramps to Tarkiln Hill Rd.
• Contractor (North Turf) will be on site at Hazelwood Park continuing installation of the new bowling greens.
• DPI will be filling potholes city-wide on a continuous basis.
• DPI will be street sweeping all roadways city-wide on a weekly basis.
• Contractor (C. Naughton Corp.) will continue installation of temporary water main by-pass piping as part of the Union St. Phase II Sewer Separation project. Work will take place along Union St. between N. Sixth St. and County St. Construction hours will be Monday to Friday from 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Traffic will be reduced to one lane during construction hours. Eastbound traffic will be detoured via Spring St. between County St. and Pleasant St. Westbound traffic will continue along Union St. Construction signage will be posted and police details will be on-site to assist with traffic management.
• Contractor (P. Gioioso & Sons) will complete repairs to several sewer service connections along Kearsarge St. between Ingraham St. and Hadley St. Traffic may be reduced to a single lane at this time during work hours (7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.)
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water clears.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the City. If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.