The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of May 31, 2021 – June 4, 2021 and they are as follows:
Eversource will be working on the gas main relays and services at:
• Replacing gas services on Pleasant St. working in the area from #324 to #362 Pleasant St.
• Replacing gas services on Chestnut St. working in the area from Sycamore St. to Robeson St.
• Replacing gas services on Calumet St. working from #44 to #28 Calumet St.
• Replacing gas services on Phillips Ave. working in the area from Acushnet Ave. to Riverside Ave., and beginning main retirements Oneko Ln. to Riverside Ave.
• Replacing gas services on Nelson St. working in the area from South Second St. to Crapo St.
• Working on gas mains intersection of Cove Rd. and Crapo St.
• Installing gas main on Phillips Rd. starting at from 1884 Phillips Rd. to Holly Tree Ln.
• Working on the regulator on Holly St @ Belleville Ave.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will continue road reconstruction on Cottage St. from Parker St. to Sycamore St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to continue road and sidewalk patches along Acushnet Ave. from Victoria St. to Monmouth St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be repaving various sections of roadway citywide.
• Contractor (K.R. Rezendes, Inc.) to continue work at MassDOT Project #606718, roadway reconstruction and related work (including traffic signal installation) along a section of Hathaway Rd., Nauset St. and Mt. Pleasant St. Road closure scheduled for June 3rd – June 7th and June 10th – June 14th, due to work at the railroad grade crossing. Detour signage for alternate routes will be posted.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to continue MassDOT Project #606709 for roadway reconstruction and related work along a section of Kings Highway from Rte. 140 ramps to Tarkiln Hill Rd.
• Contractor (North Turf) will be on site at Hazelwood Park continuing installation of the new bowling greens.
• DPI will be filling potholes city-wide on a continuous basis.
• DPI will be street sweeping all roadways city-wide on a weekly basis.
• Contractor (Baystate WinSupply) is scheduled to continue large water meter replacements at various locations throughout the city. There are no anticipated traffic controls for this work.
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water clears.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the City. If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation the Department of Public Infrastructure will be closed to the public entry. Office staff is available to assist by email and telephone.