The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of May 10, 2021 – May 14, 2021 and they are as follows:
Eversource will be working on the gas main relays and services at:
• Replacing gas services on Union St. in the area from County St. to S. Sixth St.
• Replacing gas services on W. Rodney French Blvd. working in the area from Calumet St. to Lucas St.
• Replacing gas services on Phillips Ave. working in the area from Ashley Blvd. to Riverside Ave.
• Replacing gas services on Cove Rd. working in the area from County St. to Crapo St.
• Relaying gas main on Phillips Rd. starting at from 1884 Phillips Rd. to Holly Tree Ln.
• Working on the main on Hathaway Rd. in the area of Highland St.
• Working on the regulator on Holly St @ Belleville Ave.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will continue road reconstruction on Cottage St. from Parker St. to Sycamore St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be repaving various sections of roadway citywide.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will continue road reconstruction on Hatch St. from Acushnet Ave. to Belleville Ave.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to begin road reconstruction on Nelson St. from County St. to Crapo St.
• Contractor (K.R. Rezendes, Inc.) to continue work at MassDOT Project #606718, roadway reconstruction and related work (including traffic signal installation) along a section of Hathaway Rd., Nauset St. and Mt. Pleasant St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to continue MassDOT Project #606709 for roadway reconstruction and related work along a section of Kings Highway and Tarkiln Hill Rd.
• Contractor (North Turf) will be on site at Hazelwood Park continuing installation of the new bowling greens.
• DPI will be filling potholes city-wide on a continuous basis.
• DPI will be street sweeping all roadways city-wide on a weekly basis.
• Contractor (Baystate WinSupply) is scheduled to continue large water meter replacements at various locations throughout the city. There are no anticipated traffic controls for this work.
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water clears.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the City. If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation the Department of Public Infrastructure will be closed to the public entry. Office staff is available to assist by email and telephone.