The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of April 26, 2021 – April 30, 2021 and they are as follows:
Eversource will be working on the gas main relays and services at:
• Union St. from County St. to S. Sixth St.
• Hathaway Rd. from Highland St. to Mt. Pleasant St.
• W. Rodney French Blvd. working from 392 W. Rodney French Blvd. to end of W. Rodney French Blvd.
• Phillips Ave. working from Ashley Blvd. to Riverside Ave.
• County St. from Scott St. to Cove Rd.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will continue road reconstruction on Hatch St. from Acushnet Ave. to Belleville Ave. On-street parking will be restricted from 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM Monday – Friday in the posted work zone areas.
• Contractor (K.R. Rezendes, Inc.) to continue work at MassDOT Project #606718, roadway reconstruction and related work (including traffic signal installation) along a section of Hathaway Rd., Nauset St. and Mt. Pleasant St. Construction to take place during regular working hours (Monday – Friday), police details and traffic controls will be in place.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to continue MassDOT Project #606709 for roadway reconstruction and related work along a section of Kings Highway and Tarkiln Hill Rd. Construction to take place during regular working hours (Monday – Friday), police details and traffic controls will be in place.
• Contractor (North Turf) will be on site at Hazelwood Park continuing installation of the new bowling greens.
• DPI will be filling potholes city-wide on a continuous basis.
• DPI will be street sweeping all roadways city-wide on a weekly basis.
• Contractor (Baystate WinSupply) is scheduled to continue large water meter replacements at various locations throughout the city. There are no anticipated traffic controls for this work.
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water clears.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the City. If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation the Department of Public Infrastructure will be closed to the public entry. Office staff is available to assist by email and telephone.