The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of April 12, 2021 – April 16, 2021 and they are as follows:
Eversource will be working on the gas main relays and services at:
• Union St. working on services from South Sixth St. to Orchard St.
• Hathaway Rd. working from Highland St. to Mt. Pleasant St.
• W. Rodney French Blvd. working from 398 W. Rodney French Blvd. to 366 W. Rodney French Blvd.
• Phillips Ave. working on services and main tie-ins from Oneko Ln. to Riverside Ave.
• Cove Rd. / County St. / Scott St. working on services from Crapo St. towards County St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will continue road reconstruction on Hatch St. from Acushnet Ave. to Belleville Ave. On-street parking will be restricted from 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM Monday – Friday in the posted work zone areas.
• Contractor (PA Landers) scheduled to resume road reconstruction on Cottage St. from Parker St. to Sycamore St. On-street parking will be restricted from 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM Monday – Friday in the posted work zone areas.
• Contractor (K.R. Rezendes, Inc.) to continue work at MassDOT Project #606718, roadway reconstruction and related work (including traffic signal installation) along a section of Hathaway Rd., Nauset St. and Mt. Pleasant St. Construction to take place during regular working hours (Monday – Friday), police details and traffic controls will be in place.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to resume MassDOT Project #606709 for roadway reconstruction and related work along a section of Kings Highway and Tarkiln Hill Rd. Construction to take place during regular working hours (Monday – Friday), police details and traffic controls will be in place.
• Contractor (Island Lighting) will be completing site restoration from installation of new athlete park lighting at Diamond One of Buttonwood Park.
• Contractor (North Turf) will be on site at Hazelwood Park continuing installation of the new bowling greens.
• DPI will be working on drainage installation on Hillman St. from Chancery St. to Ash St.
• DPI will be filling potholes city-wide on a continuous basis.
• Contractor (Baystate WinSupply) is scheduled to continue large water meter replacements at various locations throughout the city. There are no anticipated traffic controls for this work.
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water clears.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the City. If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation the Department of Public Infrastructure will be closed to the public entry. Office staff is available to assist by email and telephone.