New Bedford roadwork sites for the upcoming week of March 15, 2021 – March 19, 2021
The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of March 15, 2021 – March 19, 2021 and they are as follows:
Eversource will be working on the gas main relays at:
• Pleasant St. working from Russell St. to Madison St.
• Oaklawn St. working from 95 Oaklawn St towards 350 Rodney French Blvd. Moving to Calumet by 03/17/2021.
• Chestnut St. working from Pope St towards Robeson St.
• Phillips Ave. working at Acushnet Ave towards N. Front St.
• County St. working from Cove Rd. towards Scott St.
• The contractor (K.R. Rezendes, Inc.) to begin work at MassDOT Project #606718, roadway reconstruction and related work (including signal installation) along a section of Hathaway Rd., Nauset St. and Mt. Pleasant St. Construction to take place during regular working hours (Monday – Friday), police details and traffic controls will be in place.
• The contractor (SCR Construction) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the City: Church St. at Carlisle St. and the existing rail yard located between Wamsutta St., Herman Melville Blvd. and Whales Tooth parking lot.
• Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes city-wide on a continuous basis.
• The contractor (Baystate WinSupply) is scheduled to continue large water meter replacements at various locations throughout the city. There are no anticipated traffic controls for this work.
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water clears.
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation the Department of Public Infrastructure will be closed to the public entry. Office staff is available to assist by email and telephone.