The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of February 1, 2021 – February 5, 2021 and they are as follows:
• Nelson St from 94 Nelson St to South Second St
• Scott St from Crapo St to County St
• Union St from N. Orchard St to South Sixth St
• Sycamore St from Cedar St to Chestnut St
• Lucas St from Brock Ave to W. Rodney French Blvd
• Chestnut St from Sycamore St to Robeson St
• Contractor (North Turf) will be on site at Hazelwood Park installing the gutter system for the new bowling greens. City (DPI) to install new field lighting weather permitting.
• Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes city-wide on a continuous basis.
• The contractor (Baystate WinSupply) is scheduled to continue large water meter replacements at various locations throughout the city. There are no anticipated traffic controls for this work.
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water clears.
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation the Department of Public Infrastructure will be closed to the public entry. Office staff is available to assist by email and telephone.