The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of November 23, 2020 – November 27, 2020 and they are as follows:
No work Thursday, November 26th and Friday, November 27th. Happy Thanksgiving!
Eversource will replace the gas mains and service at the following locations:
• Hathaway Rd. from Highland St. to train tracks – (Main Relay)
• Commonwealth Ave. from Metropolitan St. to Claredon St. – (Services)
• Carroll St. from Rockdale Ave. to Brigham St. – (Services)
• Priscilla St. from Brigham St. to Gould St. – (Services)
• Crapo St. from Grinnell St. to Rockland St. – (Services)
• South St. from County St. to Crapo St.– (Services)
• Fair St. from Orchard St. to County St. – (Services)
• Hill St. / Hillman St. / Foster St. / Thomas St. / Sycamore St. – (Services)
• Potomska St. / MacArthur Dr. from MacArthur Dr. to Potomska Dr. – (Main Relay)
• Jonathan St. from Arnold St. to Union St. – (Services)
• Brownell St. from Arnold St. to Union St. – (Services)
• Davis St. from Acushnet Ave. to Bellville Ave. – (Services)
Eversource will be doing final street and sidewalk restoration at various locations city-wide.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to continue underground utility work at MassDOT Project #606709, Roadway Reconstruction and Related Work (including signals) along a section of Kings Highway and Tarkiln Hill Road. Construction to take place during regular working hours (Monday – Friday), police details and traffic controls will be in place.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to install final landscaping restoration at Hazelwood Park retaining wall along West Rodney French Blvd.
• Contractor (PA Landers) repairing various street and sidewalk patches city-wide.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to continue installation of new concrete sidewalks along the west side of Cottage St. from Parker St. to Sycamore St. On-street parking will be restricted from 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM Monday – Friday in the posted work zone areas.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be wrapping up construction for the winter season on Hatch St. from Belleville Ave. to Acushnet Ave. Reconstruction of sidewalks, driveways, wheelchair ramps, landscaping and final layer of paving will resume in the Spring 2021.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be repaving Riverside Ave. from Manomet St. to Collette St. Police details on site will assist with resident drop off at Whalers Cove Assisted Living.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be paving the final layer on Tuesday, weather permitting, at Anthony Terrace (Rebecca St. to Oakdale St.) and Worcester St. (areas between Tarkiln Hill Rd. and Brockton St.)
• Contractor (Island Lighting) will be installing new athlete park lighting at Diamond One of Buttonwood Park
• Contractor (North Turf) will be on site at Hazelwood Park installing the new bowling greens.
• Contractor (LAL Construction) is repairing various concrete sections within the MassDOT Safe Routes to School Project on Ashley Blvd. from Wood St. to Nash Rd.
• MassDOT will be making repairs on the bridge at I-195 eastbound over Route 18 ramp. Work will be from August 18th to November 30th.
• Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes city-wide on a continuous basis.
• Department of Public Infrastructure conducting its annual street sweeping program city-wide.
• The contractor (Revoli Construction) will mobilize to site and excavate several test pits. This work is weather dependent and will result in line reductions for brief periods.
• The contractor (Baystate WinSupply) is scheduled to continue large water meter replacements at various locations throughout the city. There are no anticipated traffic controls for this work.
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water clears.
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation the Department of Public Infrastructure will be closed to the public entry. Office staff is available to assist by email and telephone.