The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of October 13, 2020 –October 18, 2020 and they are as follows:
No Works Monday, October 12th
Eversource will replace the gas mains and service at the following locations:
• Hathaway from Highland St. to Nauset St. – (Main Relay)
• Hatch St. from Acushnet Ave. to Belleville Ave. – (Main Retirement)
• Bolton St. from Rivet St. to Fair St. – (Main Retirement)
• Summer St. from Locust St. to Durfee St. – (Main Retirement)
• Woodlawn St. from Brock Ave. to West Rodney French Blvd. – (Main Retirement)
• Carroll St. from Rockdale Ave. to Priscilla St.– (Main Relay)
• Crapo St. from Grinnell St. to Rockland St. – (Services)
• South St. from County St. to Crapo St.– (Services)
• Fair St. from County St. to Bonney St. – (Services)
• Hill St. /Hillman St. /Foster St. /Thomas St. /Sycamore St. – (Services)
Eversource will be doing final street and sidewalk restoration at various locations city-wide.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to continue underground utility work at MassDOT Project #606709, Roadway Reconstruction and Related Work (including signals) along a section of Kings Highway and Tarkiln Hill Road. Construction to take place during regular working hours (Tuesday – Friday), police details and traffic controls will be in place.
• Contractor (PA Landers) working on sidewalk reconstruction at the intersection of Bliss St. and Bolton St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) working at Hazelwood Park retaining wall along West Rodney French Blvd.
• Contractor (PA Landers) repairing various street and sidewalk patches city-wide.
• Contractor (North Turf) will be on site at Hazelwood Park installing the new bowling greens.
• Contractor (AECOM) to conduct bridge inspection of 1-195 at County St and Purchase St on Tuesday October 13th. Working between the hours of 8:00am – 3:00pm. Single lane closure with the use of a police detail.
• MassDOT will be making repairs on the bridge at I-195 eastbound over Route 18 ramp. Work will be from August 18th to November 30th.
• Department of Public Infrastructure will be line painting at night at various signalized intersections city-wide.
• Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes city-wide on a continuous basis.
• Department of Public Infrastructure conducting its annual street sweeping program city-wide.
• The contractor (Bay State Wind Water) scheduled to replace the Freetown municipal interconnecting water meters along Braley Rd. and Middleboro Rd. and continue large water meter replacements at various locations.
• The contractor (Green Mountain Pipeline Services) is scheduled to complete sewer cleaning and pipelining along Hamilton St., JFK Memorial Highway, Front St., Airport Access Rd. and Rodman St. The contractor is also scheduled to complete sewer cleaning and CCTV work along MacArthur Drive. It may be necessary to temporarily close lanes or have alternating one – way traffic at some locations. There are no detours anticipated during this week. Police officers will be onsite to direct motorist as necessary.
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water clears.
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation the Department of Public Infrastructure will be closed to the public entry. Office staff is available to assist by email and telephone.