City of New Bedford roadwork sites for the upcoming week of Feb. 17, 2020 – Feb. 21, 2020
The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of February 17,2020 – February 21, 2020 and they are as follows:
• Eversource will replace the gas mains at the following locations: There will be no services tied into the new mains until after April 1, 2020 as a precaution of the winter season.
• Fair St. from County St. to Orchard St.
• Woodlawn St. from Brock Ave. to West Rodney French Blvd.
• Clifford St. from Ashley Blvd. to Acushnet Ave.
• Myrtle St. from Cedar St. to Sawyer St.
• Summer St. from Studley to Locust St.
• Rounds St. form Arnold St. to 141 Rounds St.
• Johnathan from Arnold St. to 57-59 Johnathan St.
• Commonwealth Ave. between Kempton St.- Claredon St.
• Peckham St from Mt. Pleasant St to County St
• Highland St from 305 to 423 Highland St, Including all intersections in between
• Mulberry St from Larch St #8 Mulberry St
• Contractor working at Hazelwood Park for new power supply and upgrades to parking lot lighting.
• Contractor will continue water and sewer replacement along Cottage St between Willis St and Sycamore St. During working hours, Cottage St. may be closed to thru traffic with access by local traffic only at times. Southbound traffic will be detoured via Parker Street or Willis Street. North bound traffic will be detoured via Sycamore Street or Smith Street. Detour signage, police details and traffic controls will be in place.
• Contractor is scheduled to continue construction of the new pumping station and installation of the site utilities at the Front St./ Elm St. site. Elm St. between JFK Memorial Highway (Route 18) and Macarthur Drive will be closed to westbound traffic. Westbound traffic will be detoured via MacArthur Drive. There will be detour signage and traffic controls in place.
• Contractor will continue scheduling appointments and will have technicians visiting various locations throughout the city to replace meters and meter interface units (meter readers). There will be no traffic controls for this work.
• Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes on a continuous basis throughout the city.
• Please see the City of New Bedford website for additional street closings due to Special Events.
• Department of Public Infrastructure conducting its annual street sweeping program city-wide.